How many of you guise have a heart for the Lord?

Loobs

• Members

This thread is so stupid that it didn't even need the presence of rushfan. but now it's one perfect trainwreck flying burning through a {censored}storm.

Edit: But on second thought, it doesn't have any posts by zachman. I still kinda miss the guy...

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
It doesn't surprise me that non-Christians don't get this.
:idk:

Baloche is a good guy. He's written some good tunes.

:thu:

Nah, the fun part isn't that, it's actually good advice, but it didn't need the Jesus shroud to make sense. Still I am sure it was made for a specific crowd; certainly not Harmony Satanral. ;)

• Members

Nah, the fun part isn't that, it's actually good advice, but it didn't need the Jesus shroud to make sense. Still I am sure it was made for a specific crowd; certainly not Harmony Satanral.
;)

True, true. But the stuff that people are [quite understandably, I do not hesitate to add] cringing at and ridiculing is stuff that I would expect non-Christians to 'get'....

:thu:

• Members
melx, stop it.
you are making the UK sound like a utopian society
:lol:

Oh it's definitely not that. The UK is just as grim as many other places. But yeah, we for the most part think religion is a personal matter and not something to go on about.
I think this is why often we find 'praise and worship' threads either embarrassing/hilarious or disturbing/worrying.

Sometimes the overly vocal approach to religion that we see from certain corners of America makes us squirm a bit, in the same way that we find it uncomfortable seeing shouty street preachers yelling at passers by or happy clappy vicars with acoustic guitars trying to get everyone to have a sing-a-long. It's embarrassing.

There's a reason we have a picture of Darwin on our ten pound notes. We speak the same language as you (mostly :lol:) but there are some very big differences too.

• Members

Oh it's definitely
not
that. The UK is just as grim as many other places. But yeah, we for the most part think religion is a personal matter and not something to go on about.

I think this is why often we find 'praise and worship' threads either embarrassing/hilarious or disturbing/worrying.

Sometimes the overly vocal approach to religion that we see from certain corners of America makes us squirm a bit, in the same way that we find it uncomfortable seeing shouty street preachers yelling at passers by or happy clappy vicars with acoustic guitars trying to get everyone to have a sing-a-long. It's embarrassing.

There's a reason we have a picture of Darwin on our ten pound notes. We speak the same language as you (mostly
:lol:
) but there are some very big differences too.

Yes, would agree.

I think generally organised religion in this country is dying. The older generations for whom it's normal to go to church 'because it's a good thing to do', or on Christmas/Easter 'for tradition's sake', are pretty fast dying out.

Although, completely secular parents getting their kids christened, and secular people having church weddings are still pretty popular, but I'm not convinced that they're getting any bigger...