can the X3 or M13 do da brewtalz?

vinnies

• Members

looking into chucking it all and going with a dedicated multi unit. i'm even considering getting rid of my boogie combo and going stereo with the new multi fx, a stereo tube power amp, and a couple of 1X12s or 2X12s :eek: but...i'm concerned with the crunch factor - i play a little of everything, but do love the crunch, and i'm concerned that either one of these might not be able to get me the dream theater/opeth/pantera/triple rectifier tones...

anyone got an opinion? any other ideas? thanks...

• Members
x3 could do it better than M13, because of the pre-amp section. M13 no haz preamps.

yes.....X3 can do high gain stuff with ease......you will want to have a BIG power amp, and a nice cabinet, but you can get lots of BROOTALZ from the X3 :thu:

• Members

Oh, I didn't see you weren't going to run a guitar amp.

Okay, go with the X3.

I just love my M13 and have full faith in providing the tones you're looking for if you did have an amp.

I might do a demo of me doing some Sao-style (I'm listening to so much Saosin at the mo) riffs to show the sort of slightly scooped Mesa-ish tones it can get. I'm very happy with it.