Diametro was banned? What happened?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The pictures posted here at times are tasteless. :eek: I try to skip over them to get to the synth content or avoid obvious threads. I always wonder what my wife or kids would think when looking over my shoulder too!

However, Diametro did post some useful stuff too and thus, I think he deserves a 2nd chance.

• Members

You mean you apply common sense? Self moderate? You don't need someone to coddle you? Get off my internets!
:D

There are forums where you can expect rude stuff and you self-moderate. Like cam4 I suppose, I don't go there. :poke:

But there are forums for people who don't want to first have to look at disgusting crap before deciding they didn't want to see it int the first place. :facepalm:

• Members

There are forums where you can expect rude stuff and you self-moderate. Like cam4 I suppose, I don't go there. :poke:

But there are forums for people who don't want to first have to look at disgusting crap before deciding they didn't want to see it int the first place.
:facepalm:

I have to fully agree with CR here. :thu:

• Members

But there are forums for people who don't want to first have to look at disgusting crap before deciding they didn't want to see it int the first place.
:facepalm:

Isn't this KSS?

Isn't this a place for keyboards, synths, and samplers?

Nothing offends me considering the advent of the internet and all, but if I want to see wacky posts, and imagery others may find offensive I'll take a peek at the Political forum section and have at it...

I found it annoying personally but I don't report people. It's not my thing.

I'd rather share and post, and possibly help someone or contribute something which pertains to the section's title...

Another thing, the fact you are right the money tells me that Diamental never took anyones personal points of view into consideration before posting the junk he did...His ethics sure lack a bit in the tact department...

I used to be on another forum where people didn't know how to debate or articulate their point of view in a tactful manner, so what did they do? Post crappy MSpaint modified pictures illustrating their canonic grade school cacapoopoo namecalling...

• Members

Everyone needs to remember we're on a corporate website here. Corporate control = censorship. It's not that complicated.

There are independent forums where you can go if you want to post silly pics and say f'ed up things. Everyone knew this would happen when Musicians Friend took over, and now it's happening, so why is anyone at all surprised?

• Members

I've never reported Diametro or anyone else other than spammers for that matter, and I do think he's an asset to this board. Most of his pictures are artsy and I really like his creativity, and in fact most people here do.

He was probably just having a bad day - or a day when he was being a bit over the edge. He usually knows what to post and what not to post. I believe this was a slip-up day, and he will come back soon and everything will be fine :) I do miss having him around. He's a smart guy and loves his Rolands, which I do too :)

• Members

i agree there's other forums for you to indulge in wacky behavior (which im not offended by)

but

this place didn't go as fascist bully boy as we were all thinking either (myself included). this place has turned out pretty nice and i think i like it better this way.

• Members

Most of his pictures are artsy and I really like his creativity, and in fact most people here do.

Nothing personal, however I'm starting to become annoyed at people speaking for others, or think they know enough to speak for others. Same thing is happening in the Juno Stage thread, for example.

Modern American political punditry is replete with this; it's a shallow debate tactic. Unless there is objective data, it is merely conjecture to say "most people" like this or don't like that. For all one really knows, the opposite can be true.

Also, I should note that diametro's photoshops are far from "artsy"; they're merely somewhat-decent "photoshops".

• Members

Nothing personal, however I'm starting to become annoyed at people speaking for others, or think they know enough to speak for others...

yeah - this annoys me also, and most people here agree.

In any case, I find the profusion of cutesy pictures in almost every thread to be rather irksome. I don't think that he should be banned here, and I would never complain to a moderator, but after a point it's just plain stupid. And most people here disagree with me.

• Members

Nothing personal, however I'm starting to become annoyed at people speaking for others, or think they know enough to speak for others. Same thing is happening in the Juno Stage thread, for example.

Modern American political punditry is replete with this; it's a shallow debate tactic. Unless there is objective data, it is merely conjecture to say "most people" like this or don't like that. For all one really knows, the opposite can be true.

Also, I should note that diametro's photoshops are far from "artsy"; they're merely somewhat-decent "photoshops".

Ok, I'm sorry, let me rephrase that then. I'm not trying to talk for anyone.

All I was saying is that my impression is that he is generally appreciated.

If the majority is silent and that is not the case, then my impression is wrong, of course.

Artsy Art btw.

Archived