Sign in to follow this  
solewheelin

Ibanez AD99 Analog Delay

Oh man. Sweet.

So you would say that there's absolutely no reason to even touch 2 and 3, right?

I mean only if being adjusted with an oscilloscope to repair a non working pedal..

Won't touch em.

I'll report my findings a bit later.

Oh man. Sweet.

So you would say that there's absolutely no reason to even touch 2 and 3, right?

Not if they're already working properly.

Its really hard to set the bias by ear. There is definitely a sweet spot in the bias that can only be set by observing a test signal on a scope. Also, if the bias isn't right, it can indirectly affect the feedback sensitivity since you aren't sending the full-amplitude of output signal through the feedback loop.

With the balance, this is also hard to set by ear, but it can be a little more obvious at the longest delay setting. You can begin to hear the aliasing and "steps" in the re-constructed delay signal if this trim is off. Filtering is so heavy in analog delays that it sometimes doesn't matter where this is set.

Awwww yeah! This AD99 now sounds amazing.

After setting the trims just right, It seems to be sensitive to your attack and want to self oscillate when strummed hard at shorter delay times.

Has creamy repeats that sound so good in an ambient setting and the oscillations are percussive and beautiful! Not noisy or murky.

Took a few minutes. But I got it set juust right.

Thanks sincerely for all the help guys.

• Like 1

Awwww yeah! This AD99 now sounds amazing.

After setting the trims just right, It seems to be sensitive to your attack and want to self oscillate when strummed hard at shorter delay times.

Has creamy repeats that sound so good in an ambient setting and the oscillations are percussive and beautiful! Not noisy or murky.

Took a few minutes. But I got it set juust right.

Thanks sincerely for all the help guys.

Care to share how you tweaked it? I know it will probably be different with mine should I choose to do so. But I am curious.

Sure. It was pretty simple actually once I knew what the trim pots did. I cranked the feedback (SR4) and set the delay time (SR1) around right around 300ms.

The BBD output balance trim (SR3) was interesting, it did have an effect on the repeats, but it introduces noise once you turn it too far to the left or right.

It it very important to mark the original settings with a very fine sharpie.

I didn't touch the bias trim.

Good luck man!

Sure. It was pretty simple actually once I knew what the trim pots did. I cranked the feedback (SR4) and set the delay time (SR1) around right around 300ms.

The BBD output balance trim (SR3) was interesting, it did have an effect on the repeats, but it introduces noise once you turn it too far to the left or right.

It it very important to mark the original settings with a very fine sharpie.

I didn't touch the bias trim.

Good luck man!

Thanks for the info. I messed with it a little bit today. Pretty good results I'd say I set mine with the delay trim almost maxed and maxed the feedback trim. Ran the delay at 9:30 maxed feedback and volume around 4-5. Great gritty slapback that would fight back when hit hard I had no idea about the trim pots before this thread. What a great sounding pedal! Gonna do some more tweaking tomorrow.

Hello,

Does anyone seem to have any issue with the wet channel that seems to be permanently on regardless of pressing the switch?

Best,

M

On 10/29/2019 at 1:36 PM, LLKK said:

Hello,

Does anyone seem to have any issue with the wet channel that seems to be permanently on regardless of pressing the switch?

Best,

Maybe a faulty switch...