Roxette guitar tone

six20aus

• Members

Am trying to emulate the guitar sound for Roxette's 'The Look' with my digitech RP1000 and not having much luck.

I hear a chorused rickenbacker with maybe some delay. I have a gibson explorer so totally different base sound but I cant even get ballpark does anyone play any Roxette and do you nail his sound ?

• Members

I've looked on youtube and everyone that covers it just uses distortion. Has anyone actually nailed the tone ?

I know he uses a Rickenbacker and a Vox. Using the two Vox patches in the RP1000 and my explorer doesn't get me close :(

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I always loved the guitar in the song "listen to Your Heart",Very Cool,can't remember what type of amp it sounded like,but I remember the harmonics ,nice and simple stuff,BUT,well used. AH the Good Ol' Days! ANYBODY ELSE MISS THE 80's and their "Guilty little pleasures" ? :)

• Members

If you're looking for the Roxette guitar sound, it's Jonas Isacsson you need to look at. Per played very little guitars on the albums, and "The Look" is all Jonas. The main riff sounds like it's doubled in octaves, rather played with a 12-string. The two guitars also have different amounts of distortion, but both are quite heavily compressed.

Archived