Best "Metal" Distortion/Overdrive Pedal

stratedge09

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really wish they would play more detuned stuff than the 10 seconds or so in the beginning to gauge it better. They play the song in the background with a strat w/ a chopper in the bridge...which I don't think is the best to do this pedal. Didn't you own one of these Crxsh?

• Members

So do you guys think the PisdiYAUwot is as tight and gainy as the Blackstar HT Dist X?

Having once owned the HT DistX imo it's not tight. It's quite saturated. No 5150 here.

I have the Triple Wreck. Great pedal but the clips of the PisdiYAUwot has got me. Will get it when I can swing it. I call this tight.

• Members

So overall everyone is agreeing with the PisdiYAUwot

Yes.

And to answer the 5150 question... Yes. It's a very modern sound. But of course, you can dial out the high end and pull back the gain and mids a bit for some sludgier stuff too.

It's a great pedal.

And FYI

• Members

I'll say it again...Hardwire TL-2...save yourself 150 bucks and get a GREAT and extremely versatile metal pedal. You can't touch it. just listen to the clips. Tight and loose modes...great eq...true bypass...very well built...and 99 bucks.

http://proguitarshop.com/store/effects-distortion-pedals-c-12/hardwire-tl-2-metal-distortion-pedal-p-464

Archived