Orange amps made in China/assembled in UK

gae86

• Members

Hi guys I remember to have read somewhere that most of the orange that are said to be made in UK actually are just assembled in Uk and made in China, Korea or whatever. Is it true? do you have any link about this topic?

I don't really care but there's a friend who's really interested in this thing!

Thx

• Members

To a certain extent, I'd say that's true of any UK built electrical product, because the components you use to build stuff will most likely be manufactured in China. Caps, resistors, pots, jacks etc. You'd be hard pushed to find a UK builder who only uses parts that are made in the UK.

Realistically, what are we talking about them manufacturing in China? PCBs and chasis? Providing the components are quality, and quality can and does come out of China too, the assembly is the most important part of the process.

• Members

Thanks guys!

basically I don't care too much where a thing is made. I've had a vox ac30cc2 (made in China) for a year and it was a great amp.

Basically I was asking since there was some kind of "argument" with a guy on an italian forum (:facepalm:you shold see that forum) saying the tiny terror was {censored} because it is made in China, so will be the new thunder 30, he was happy to have the rocker still made in uk:blah:

So I chimed telling I heard they're all made in China and some assembled in Uk; so now he's in crisis:lol:

want to know if it's true so he could even sell his amp:lol:

• Members

it's not an issue, but when some people sell a MIC amp for $400 and orange sells their for $2K that could be an issue for some

I can understand this. I'm not a technician so I can talk about quality, but I guess that part of the price of the higher-priced orange is due to the mark.

I can see anyway people be a little bit disappointed to spend 1000+

• Members

Buddy, most electronic components come from China. Who do you think is still actually making caps, resistors, PCB's, etc?

We're Americans. We don't even make our own silverware anymore. Do you believe it.. the country that put men on the Moon can't even make our own forks and spoons.. I think that was the beginning of the Fall of the Roman Empire.. once they outsourced their eating utensils that was it dude... :cry:

:facepalm:

• Members

We're Americans. We don't even make our own silverware anymore. Do you believe it.. the country that put men on the Moon can't even make our own forks and spoons.. I think that was the beginning of the Fall of the Roman Empire.. once they outsourced their eating utensils that was it dude...
:cry:

:facepalm:

Do you want to be a fork maker? Or a factory solder junkie? Do most Americans? Good luck with trying to get them to.

• Members

maybe, but part of the problem is that it's kind of hard to balance the whole 'american-made' premium with trying to get consumers to actually pay more for it. also, trying to compete in wage scale with developing countries for simple factory-production stuff is just plain impractical. very few people're going to take that much of a reduction in quality-of-life, especially after being used to getting paid a lot more

of course, this is all hypotheticals

Archived