Sign in to follow this  
smooff

Fender M-80 Chorus?

A friend of mine who doesn't play guitar (I'm not sure were she got it from) is selling a Fender M-80 Chorus. Any one have any experience with them? I'm only looking at it for the clean channel and it seems to sound okay from the demo's i could find that weren't 15 year olds tuned to drop H. Any idea what a fair price to offer her for this amp is? I'm prey sure she has no idea what it's worth.

thanks for any insight :wave:

if its the one Im thinkin about. Its a peice of crap.. I had one in the store that just sat and sat as a trade in and it sounded horrible

EDIT:

More specifically, one of the biggest issues was that it hissed like crazy on the clean channel and as usual with most fenders the overdrive was gross

Although I agree that the OD channel isn't very good, in my experience the clean channel of the old red knob SS Fenders are quiet and very very loud.

I've heard great and not-so great things about these amps. I dug the cleans when I heard it, it's similar to all the Jazz Chorus type amps. :idk:

the one I'm looking at is the black 2-12". she offered $200 and at that price I'll use it for vocals or keys at band practice when we don't have a PA if i don't like the clean channel :thu:

i have the carpet and red knob model posted above, and it's a decent SS combo. it's not brilliant and dirt is worthless, but the cleans are on par with a JC-120 and it's a decent blank canvas for effects.