The OFFICIAL OFFICIAL OFFICIAL 2010 HCFX Mystery Tourbox Thread

Parah Salin

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I say PM someone for the next name/address. But I think the box should include a list of what pedals are inside - and you add your pedal to the list and cross off the one you're taking out. It'll be an interesting document at the end of the tour to see everything that's been inside the box at one time or another...

I like both of these ideas. I really like the idea of the master log of what goes in and out, so everyone can see if someone decided to {censored} it up.

• Members

I say PM someone for the next name/address. But I think the box should include a list of what pedals are inside - and you add your pedal to the list and cross off the one you're taking out. It'll be an interesting document at the end of the tour to see everything that's been inside the box at one time or another...

Agreed. Let's do that.

Another thing, if we're doing 4 days each we really need things to move swiftly.

I think as soon as the box arrives you should already start contacting the next person on the list.

That way you have 4 days to get their address and make sure they'll be around to actually receive the box and get it back out again in a timely manner.

• Members

Agreed. Let's do that.

Another thing, if we're doing 4 days each we really need things to move swiftly.

I think as soon as the box arrives you should already start contacting the next person on the list.

That way you have 4 days to get their address and make sure they'll be around to actually receive the box and get it back out again in a timely manner.

all good ideas. here's one more: no skipping places. if you can't take the box at your scheduled interval, then you're out. no lame excuses, just so you can move down the list and end up after someone who you think will put something cool in there.

• Members

If you had put instructions in the OP of the thread, that might have helped.
You
didn't want to sort thru 10 pages of {censored}, why does anyone that's interested have to do that in order to find your instructions? Some of us don't spend 10 hours a day on this site. We come in, post and leave.

There were
no
instructions in your OP of the last thread on this subject.
This is all you wrote:

Oh, and {censored} you echo.

Sorry you weren't able to do something 15+ other people were able to do.

• Members

Righto. In fact, if you want to pass it along more quickly, I'm sure nobody will mind. As it stands now, it looks like I won't see it until November. :cry:

So did we want to PM the master of the master list, or did we want to just PM the next guy on the list and get addresses directly from them? I'm torn, but if we just PM the next person on the list, they'll be able to tell us if they'll be home to receive the box and not on vacation or away for an extended weekend or something... which means the box won't be sitting on a front porch somewhere.

On the other hand, a master list person can keep things moving along at a steady clip. I know there are the rare occasions when I'm home but get really busy and don't get on HC for 2-3 days (gasp). If it just so happened to be when Young_grandma is ready to ship, something like that might hold the whole thing up.

No matter what, we do need to have a thread for box progress. Shipping info as it goes from place to place will be nice, and will also let everyone keep track of where it is and when to estimate it might end up on your doorstep.

• Members

If he did keep the box, then he did in fact
swipe
it. And he lied about it too.

If he didn't keep the box, then he should just tell us who he sent it to, because they are probably the ones who swiped it.

It may have been a box of crap, but I don't think that excuses anything. It was a box of crap when I got it too. But I threw in a dano pepperoni phaser and some lipstick mics and tried to improve it when I sent it to the next guy (and yeah, I had to PM alot of different people to find out who wanted it next because people kept dropping out, but I kept at it until I found someone who wanted it. I didn't just swipe it).

if i still had it, i would tell you guys. i know that spectraljulian pulled out and makuserusukkotto wanted it, or maybe it was the other way around. i was stuck with it because i was trying to figure out who was next, and because it was my examp week.

i took those lipstick mics, and a morley aby. i put in a giant thing of picks and a few patch cables, a danelectro cool cat distortion, and tons of other junk from around my school that i thought was interesting. i took some random bowling patches too.

i remember there being a digitech death metal in there. i lol'd at the fact that the amount of distortion was fixed. there were some cd's/dvd's or something, and some stickers from orangesix's band, of which i took one. i don't remember there being a dano pepperoni phaser when i got it.

i have tons of good deals here, at tgp, and on ebay, and didn't want to cause any fuss. i've been on the mythfx tourbox, and will be on the wilson one if there ever is one. (i did a successful trade with wilson as well)

let me look through pms and search for the old thread, and see what i can come up with as far as a definitive answer.

• Members

if i still had it, i would tell you guys. i know that spectraljulian pulled out and makuserusukkotto wanted it, or maybe it was the other way around. i was stuck with it because i was trying to figure out who was next, and because it was my examp week.

i took those lipstick mics, and a morley aby. i put in a giant thing of picks and a few patch cables, a danelectro cool cat distortion, and tons of other junk from around my school that i thought was interesting. i took some random bowling patches too.

i remember there being a digitech death metal in there. i lol'd at the fact that the amount of distortion was fixed. there were some cd's/dvd's or something, and some stickers from orangesix's band, of which i took one. i don't remember there being a dano pepperoni phaser when i got it.

i have tons of good deals here, at tgp, and on ebay, and didn't want to cause any fuss. i've been on the mythfx tourbox, and will be on the wilson one if there ever is one. (i did a successful trade with wilson as well)

let me look through pms and search for the old thread, and see what i can come up with as far as a definitive answer.

But did you send it out or what?

• Members
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2346132

thank you.

it's safe with me. i left it at school and had to wait until after break to ship it. there's nothing totally great in there, but i had fun. i had to figure out rockthejojo didn't want it, and now makuseru sukotto doesnt want it. i contacted spectraljulian yesterday and am waiting for a reply on his address.

sorry if i made anyone scared or anything.

so yeah, max pulled out, and i sent it off to spectral julian. i don't see him around here much anymore. does anyone keep in better touch with him than i do? i sent it to pittsburgh.

Archived