Subdecay F-Bomb is the fuzz bomb!

jazzgeetar

• Members

I picked up a Subdecay F-Bomb a few days ago. Man, this pedal ROCKS!

I'm finding it's tone to be somewhere between a Big Muff and a Tone Bender MKII. I understand the circuits are not similar...but it feels/sounds similar to me. It's got less high end than a Tone Bender and not quite as compressed a a Big Muff.

Great sustain and a good amount of compression. Great for Zeppelin and more rockin' classic rock. Sounds awesome with my Les Paul through a Fender amp. I'm surprised this one isn't more popular as it's very affordable. It pairs well with my Liquid Sunshine as well.

Anyone out there playing a F-Bomb?

• Members

How does it react to guitar's volume knob? In tonebender way or big muff way?

Good question. I'd have to say it's right in the middle again. It reacts better than a muff, but not quite as good as the tone bender I have (mjm brit bender). But I'd say it's a little closer to the tone bender in this regard.

• Members

Fun box. It really needs to be feeding a dirty amp, since it trims a fair amount of bass, and squashes pretty hard.

It must depend on your setup because I love mine into a clean Fender amp. The F-Bomb has so much gain on tap that I think it matches well with a clean amp. It has more gain than I'd ever need at least. I agree it squashes/compresses a bit, but thats a sound/feeling I happen to love. I don't feel a trim of bass...rather maybe a trim of treble actually. I do agree it's not nearly as bass heavy as some other fuzzes. I had a Way Huge Swollen Pickle that was much more bassey and I didn't like.

Archived