I want a custom guitar. Who do I talk to?

CicadaSilence

• Members

being that you want to have a neck through design means it'll have to be a custom build (not a "partscaster" type thing) and I don't know of any custom builders off hand that will do that for less than $2k.

but you can email these guys. they all do completely top notch work...I've not seen a custom builder I think is better. Their wood working skills are outrageous and they can build stuff starting from the tree trunk & do any custom appointment you can think of.

It's a place to start.

www.guruguitarshop.com

• Members

http://www.benfordguitars.com

Steve Benford has done both of my guitars; absolute beauties both. 1 was just a standard build, but my baby (my avatar) was a full custom build from scratch... And it is hands down the greatest guitar on the planet. :wave:

My full custom was only $1,800 (the standard tele was just $700; although I customized several things), and I picked EVERYTHING on it (the full custom), down to the smallest of details; couldn't have made it more expensive if I tried. His full custom prices start at only $1,300 and he does a HELL of a job... Best prices and IMO the best quality and craftsmanship around... His attenion to detail is pretty outstanding.

Just shoot him an email; he'd be more than willing to work with you. :thu: he's a super nice guy fo sho

Archived