OT: McCain picks Palin

angstwulf

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Apparently Palin's 17 year-old daughter is pregnant. Thus demonstrating the effectiveness of replacing sex ed with piffle about chastity.

and John McCain is the father! Palin offered up her virgin daughter to the lecherous McCain in return for the VP position. OK somebody run with this- I want to read it on DailyKos tomorrow. They will post it to make up for looking so stupid with the Mother-fakes-pregnancy-to-cover-for-teenage-daughter scandal (seems like I read about that one here somewhere).

• Members

It's shotgun wedding time, baby...

yes. what better proof that Palin is a hypocrite and a failure as a mother. perfect mothers have 100% control over the actions of their teenage children. And kids are fair game for gloating over and politicizing their shortcomings when their parents claim to be free of sin and better than other parents, right? Although I'm not so sure Sarah Palin has ever made that claim.

My brothers and their families are part of this "Religious Right" (I am not) that is so fun to ridicule and smear. They are by no means perfect but they try to raise their children right- and so far have done a good job. They don't live in the nicest houses or make the most money, but at least

their kids have not had to deal with drinking, drugging parents, and with the heartbreak and upheaval that comes with a broken home. I see a whole lot of other kids- in fact even a majority- that live an entirely different experience. I hope things are different where you all live.

{censored} these politically-themed "discussions". Y'all have fun!

-pfc

• Members

nah. perfect parents arent controlling. they just teach their children to make their own choices and to do it responsibly. teaching kids abstinence doesnt work. just look at the numbers. kids actually learn to make sensible choices if you arent jamming ideology down their throats.

and I would have to disagree with the dichotic situation you have presented. the few unlucky people I have known to come from broken families were all raised catholic.

• Members

Yep....that PROVES that I'M a nazibigot.
:thu:

Is it so hard to guess which of these two guys is the bigot when he refers to African Americans as "chocolate"?

Is it this guy?

Mayor%20Nagin.JPG

Or could it be you, Pighood? [i had initially posted your picture, but thought I would spare you the shame.]

• Members

Note for historical context:

A recorded use of "chocolate" by blacks. Earth date 1975. The phrase has been a nickname for Washington D.C. (in the black community) for as long as I can remember.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

from Wikipedia:

"Chocolate City" theme

The album takes its name from the term "Chocolate City," which had been used to describe Washington, D.C. where blacks had been becoming a majority through migration (as explained in the cover notes included with one recent CD release of the album). The term had been used by Washington's black AM radio stations WOL-AM and WOOK-AM since the early 1970's to refer to the city. Bobby "The Mighty Burner" Bennett, a DJ on WOL, told the Washington Post in 1998 "Chocolate City for me was the expression of D.C.'s classy funk and confident blackness."[3]

George Clinton used the concept in the title track using the black domination of the inner city populations as a positive message in contrast to concern over White flight. The lyrics of the song refer to several such "chocolate cities" but focuses on D.C.: "There's a lot of chocolate cities around/We got Newark, we got Gary/Someone told me we got L.A./ And we're working on Atlanta / But you're the capital C.C."[4]

Clinton's lyrics referred to Chocolate City as "my piece of the rock" as opposed to the "40 acres and a mule" that slaves were promised after the Civil War. He contrasted Chocolate City with the "vanilla suburbs" of the city, a term first used on the track.

The lyrics also reflected Clinton's thanks for the capital's strong support for P-Funk, further shown by the album cover showing the Lincoln Memorial and the United States Capitol, rendered in melting milk chocolate.

• Members

I suppose you are the high road.Adults aren't allowed to have adult conversations,even if they devolve into childish rants and OT.
I believe some people can actually carry on a conversation about politics and remain good humored about it,if you don't like it don't read it.
I for one enjoy Pig's non-sequiturs and observations,while being ideological far apart.Viva La difference.
Some of my best friends are conservative....seriously!
BTW,one of my favorite The Onion "op-ed's" of late,
http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/america_needs_to_have_a

• Members

Don't get me wrong, a little nudge here and there is all good. If you and I were in a room, there would probably be things that I don't like about you. I'd keep that to myself out of respect for you. You're hitting a little close to home for me. Carry on.

By the way, it was also another great example of why I shouldn't post before coffee. :rolleyes:

• Members

I think pighood asked an excellent question about people who criticize that picture of deer hunting as being either vegans or hypocrites. One or the other.

False dichotomy. Furthermore, the "hypocrite" card isn't actually an argument of any weight. It's an attack on the person, not the person's ideals {because there's a clear distinction between one's ideals being wrong and one failing to live up to those ideals}.

Archived