OT: McCain picks Palin

angstwulf

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From the National Review:

"The longer I think about it, the less well this selection sits with me. And I increasingly doubt that it will prove good politics."

Here's I fear the worst harm that may be done by this selection. The McCain campaign's slogan is "country first." It's a good slogan, and it aptly describes John McCain, one of the most self-sacrificing, gallant, and honorable men ever to seek the presidency.

"But question: If it were your decision, and you were putting your country first, would you put an untested small-town mayor a heartbeat away from the presidency?"

http://frum.nationalreview.com/post/?q=M2VhOWE0N2VkOWI3MDdlODRlZWE4ODljMDc2NjliZDk=

So, was McCain really thinking about what would be best for his country when choosing his running mate?

From my perspective he doesn't feel he needs a VP, which is why he chose her.

If I were a McCain supporter, I'd be so pissed at him right now.

• Members

So is piggie a racist bigot because he used the word "chocolate"? Not a very PC word, but that's not a strong case for smearing him with a charge like that. Or is he a racist bigot for suggesting Obama got the nomination because of his skin color and not because of his ability or qualifications? Is such a thought really too taboo to give voice to, or just too heavy for a mere musician's forum?

Oh, I get it- were not really here for discussion, are we?

BTW shame on just about everybody for getting nasty and personal.
:cop:

Actually, I think that I first suggested that he was a bigot for REPEATEDLY associating Obama with his race. And no - one is not necessarily a bigot for suggesting that race was in issue in Obama getting the nomination.

You might also look at how nasty Pighood has been, REPEATEDLY in his attacks on liberals (to his mind, anyone to the left of GWB), using tactics no more subtle than McCarthy did at his best.

So - you might actually argue against the facts, rather than your watered down version of them.

• Members

Of COURSE you do. Maybe you don't say it to their face, but you ABSOLUTELY believe in their inferiority.

I simply cannot believe on how many levels you are wrong, most of the time. The biggest problem here is not that you disagree with any notion of affirmative action, it's that your logic is so childish, and your attacks so personal....

If I believe that certain groups, say black people, have had, and continue to have great disadvantages in this society, and that we should attempt to level the playing field, that absolutely does not imply that I BELIEVE (in what sense?) that they are inferior. That some black people can overcome disadvantage doesn't imply that these disadvantages are not there - no one has said that it is absolutely impossible to succeed - just that it is a lot harder.

You may disagree with the facts, and/or the attempts to remedy them, but there is nothing in the logic that implies that people with similar beliefs are racist. To believe that all such groups of people can attain similar achievement if given the same opportunity is NOT racist, and to repeatedly smear people as you do as racist/communist/etc, is the true offense here.

• Members

What are you afraid of? A widdle question asked by some nazi klansman repuglicon like widdle ol' me?

Are you a vegan, yes or no?

Answer...or you're a coward.

Well, maybe he doesn't accept your ground rules. I don't see any obligation here for people to answer personal questions about themselves.

btw - this is another post that I would have been banned for. Can I get some clear statement of policy here? If the rules have changed, I'd love to insult Pighood. I really would. But I don't want to get banned.

• Members

Just wanted to mention (in response to kooki's comment) I'm all for some diversity on HC. KSS has always seemed to me too be way too sheltered, white-bread, middle-class and narrow in it's group-think and music. Thank gawd for you radical Cal-i-forn-ia hippies that at least keep things interesting- I don't run into too many of you at the local coffeehouse.

• Members

Can I get some clear statement of policy here? If the rules have changed, I'd love to insult Pighood. I really would. But I don't want to get banned.

It's fun to occasionally poke a little piggy with a stick, but do you really want to get in the mud and roll around with it? Take the high road.

• Members

monty_python_witch-701441.jpg

SHE'S A WITCH! A WITCH!

Named her five=pentacle children after Charmed, a show about WITCHES.

Three sisters (Prue, Piper and Phoebe) reunite in their ancestral home, the Halliwell manor, and unlock their powers to become the Charmed Ones - the most powerful witches to exist. Now they must vanquish evil and save innocents while living their lives as normal women in the real world. Life isn't so easy when you're Charmed.

Anagram of her "Christian name" is ANAL PARISH

and "a sharp nail" (also "anal has rip")

escape_witch_mountain.jpg

Sarah Louise Palin:

Aphelia Anus Loris - Aha Rapes Illusion - Asshole A Liar In Up -
Halal Piano Issuer
- Asshole Aural I Nip -
I Rape Asshole Ulain

BEWARE! BE VERY WARE!

• Members

It's fun to occasionally poke a little piggy with a stick, but do you really want to get in the mud and roll around with it? Take the high road.

Well, the second part was a joke, but I seriously don't understand what the policy is. I got banned for 3 months (since revoked) for saying that someone was incapable of understanding the subtlety of some points, and threatened with a permanent ip ban if I wasn't nice in the future. But Pighood can apparently insult people with impunity. Just really wondering what the rules are exactly, and why they aren't applied consistently. I'd prefer that no one be banned, actually, except for the chick korea types....

Archived