New Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard

raffor

• Members

Please keep in mind: this is not an official Waldorf approved information at the start of the thread.

I would assume it will be a typical Fatar keyboard action as used in all other Waldorf synth with keyboard (except the WAVE -> different type of Fatar).

So it wil not be weighted as a piano action for sure.

I love aftertouch !!!!

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They say "weighted" keyboard...

That doesn't necessarily mean piano action (my MIDIBOARD's action is weighted but no pianist would confuse it with piano action). But it shouldn't mean semi-weighted (which involves both weights and springs).

What could it mean?

• Members

Please keep in mind: this is not an official Waldorf approved information at the start of the thread.

I would assume it will be a typical Fatar keyboard action as used in all other Waldorf synth with keyboard (except the WAVE -> different type of Fatar).

So it wil not be weighted as a piano action for sure.

I love aftertouch !!!!

I still have a bitter taste in my mouth regarding the aftertouch in my XTk. :mad:

• Members

I still have a bitter taste in my mouth regarding the aftertouch in my XTk.
:mad:

But this midi sending bug of the after touch data is not a problem when you play the synth from its keyboard.

And using a four octave only masterkeyboard is nothing fun at all for all synth players with more then two synths.

• Members

But this midi sending bug of the after touch data is not a problem when you play the synth from its keyboard.

And using a four octave only masterkeyboard is nothing fun at all for all synth players with more then two synths.

Common! Yes, it works like a charme when I play live from the internal keyboard. But I cannot even play into a midi sequencer and have it played back right with the aftertouch engaged. :eek: You think that is acceptable???

• Members

= 1,130.20 usd

Take into account most US retailers are asking $899. for the Blofeld desktop. The current price in Europe for a Blofeld desktop is around $399. Euros. In theory, the US street price should be $565. USD.

Expect the A-hole US retailers to mark this one way up as well. My guess is $1499. :mad:

• Members

Now there is a preliminary official Blofeld keyboard announcement by Waldorf Music:

Actually, the specs on Waldorfs page are pretty close to what the Stromberg should have been. The only things missing are the waveterm features (especially sample to FFT to Wavetable) and the analog filters. Also, more knobs are always welcome.

• Members

Actually, the specs on Waldorfs page are pretty close to what the Stromberg should have been. The only things missing are the waveterm features (especially sample to FFT to Wavetable) and the analog filters. Also, more knobs are always welcome.

LOL

• Members

Do you think the 60Mb will be loaded by the user? using an editor? or will it be 60Mb provided in Rom by Waldorf? non loadable?

The feature and software editor will be available in a "future update", after they release the product. :lol:

• Members

Expect the A-hole US retailers to mark this one way up as well. My guess is $1499.
:mad:

First off, I'm not in retail. :lol:

But secondly, don't be so quick to bash the retailers or distributors. There could be many reasons for a higher price, not all of which involve gouging. You may be right, perhaps Waldorf is selling the hardware to the US distributor cheaply, the distributor sells it to retail cheaply, and retail is doubling the price so that they can live large and retire early. But that's not my guess.

I'm guessing that Waldorf is fighting against a number of factors. First is the currency exchange. The dollar isn't as low as it used to be, but it's still low compared to the Euro. The second is that Waldorf doesn't ship massive numbers (meaning, thousands and thousands) of units here to the USA. This means that they don't get that big of a shipping discount to their distributor. And remember, they're paying shipping in Euros, which are higher than the dollar.

So I think that it's simply not cheap for Waldorf to get product to the USA. I remember from another thread that desktop Blofeld in Austrialia was very expensive, and assuming I'm on the right track with my guesses, that makes sense.

So I'm going to reserve judgement on Waldorf, the distributor (MV Pro Audio), and the retailers, and assume that their pricing is fair, based on the economy and Waldorf's market position.

Orren

PS

Archived