New Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard

raffor

• Members

It really wouldn't surprise my if the Stromberg never gets developed or goes through another radical change. Considering the outboard myself and many others have, the extra features are now pointless. You'd likely get better results using a Blofeld run through say a TL Audio Ebony A2 or UA LA-610.

But the one thing about a separate Tube and Filter array added to the synth,

is that it will work in Multi mode.... so let's say your doing 5

separate parts on the Stromberg.... there's not enough Stereo Outs to send then to 5 separate TL Audio Ebony units, same with the filter. You've got your Allen and Heath, but that will only handle 1 sound at once. If your using 5 or 6 parts in Multi mode... and there Stereo, the synth itself only comes with 3 Stereo outs.

The other nice thing about it being integrated into the synth itself, besides the above of using Multiple parts, is that when you hit "Save" on your sound, the Tube and Filter items are saved in the patch...

I'm sure that the TL Audio will easily outshine the options provided by Waldorf in regards to sound quality, but in functionality and ease of use, I can definitely see the benefits of having them built into the synth iteself.

Just think, about it there's 1000 sounds that you are supposed to be able to save in the Stromberg.... It's nice when you change to Sound 898, that you

can just start playing, you don't have to go to your spiral notebook with a

1000 settings for the TLAudio so that they Tube settings will match the

patch that you selected....

Cheers,

Dave

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After revisiting pics of the Micro Q keyboard, I'm not surprised at the Blofeld keyboard interface. Though Waldorf should have gone with 37 keys, added a big data Knob, and spread the controls out on the Blofeld keyboard as well.

waldorf_micro_q.jpg

I hereby shut up about the new Blofeld Keyboard, but damnit, Waldorf, I want a Stromberg! Hurry the hell up! ;)

• Members

But the one thing about a separate Tube and Filter array added to the synth,

is that it will work in Multi mode.... so let's say your doing 5

separate parts on the Stromberg.... there's not enough Stereo Outs to send then to 5 separate TL Audio Ebony units, same with the filter. You've got your Allen and Heath, but that will only handle 1 sound at once. If your using 5 or 6 parts in Multi mode... and there Stereo, the synth itself only comes with 3 Stereo outs.

The other nice thing about it being integrated into the synth itself, besides the above of using Multiple parts, is that when you hit "Save" on your sound, the Tube and Filter items are saved in the patch...

I'm sure that the TL Audio will easily outshine the options provided by Waldorf in regards to sound quality, but in functionality and ease of use, I can definitely see the benefits of having them built into the synth iteself.

Just think, about it there's 1000 sounds that you are supposed to be able to save in the Stromberg.... It's nice when you change to Sound 898, that you

can just start playing, you don't have to go to your spiral notebook with a

1000 settings for the TLAudio so that they Tube settings will match the

patch that you selected....

Cheers,

Dave

True. I guess it still comes down to how one works. With my DAW running I record lots of audio and prefer to use outboard now because of better sound quality. A gigging musician would want it all in a synth.

My point of view just changed after getting more into outboard. I don't look at synths to have everything under the sun anymore. My studio is the sum of its' parts and you can count on one hand how many times I gig in a year if at all.

• Members

Didn't play for too long, so perhaps it's not fair to pass judgment on it entirely. Suffice it to say I felt NO desire to ditch my Q in favor of it. I'm too spoiled by the knobbage and the sinister cabbage urethra fart timbres that just fall out of my speakers courtesy of my school-bus yellow you-know-what. :love:

Archived