OT: tube dampers

BTBAM

• Members

Yea and as posted these dampers can sell for as cheap as .50 a piece....not talking 3,000 dollars...

You know what I hate most about my tube head? Driving.

I hate the noises it makes as I'm driving to a gig. For some reason it reminds me of making coffee. I think... man this thing is broken for sure when I get to the venue. But its always good to go, every damn time.

• Members

I hate the noises it makes as I'm driving to a gig. For some reason it reminds me of making coffee. I think... man this thing is broken for sure when I get to the venue. But its always good to go, every damn time.

And I bet the best tasting espresso you ever had isn't it?

• Members

Ugh, well I don't know about the pothole situation in Sacremento, but in Indy, it's awful. I know that *ffffffffffuuuuuuu* feeling when those reverb springs vibrate like crazy. I know it all too well. Ick.

• Members

Ugh, well I don't know about the pothole situation in Sacremento, but in Indy, it's awful. I know that *ffffffffffuuuuuuu* feeling when those reverb springs vibrate like crazy. I know it all too well. Ick.

You're telling my story, brah. Not to mention the {censored}ing autoride suspension in my burb just went out so when I'm fully loaded with gear that {censored} rattles like crazy.

• Members

Kind of a silly response. Are you saying you never have an extra pair of strings lying around in case one breaks? Just...oops...it broke, I guess I should take a trip to a guitar store or order a set from where I get them online and wait for them to arrive so I can finish out my gig...

I know strings break because I have them break on me, so I have spares....

...your amp doesn't have excessive tube rattle so I don't understand why you think you need them.

It just seems kinda pointless to me, if my strings didn't ever break I'd be reluctant to buy something that stopped them breaking... even if it was only a dollar. If I could convince every guitar player in the world to buy my $1 item (because hey, it's only a dollar) I'd be a pretty rich man.

• Members

"hey... buy my anti jellyfish spray"

"WHY? I NEVER SEE JELLYFISH AROUND HERE"

"but you might one day"

"MMM, I DON'T THINK SO.. SEEMS UNLIKELY"

"but it's only a dollar, why risk it?"

"GOOD POINT, I'LL TAKE 3 CANS"

• Members

I know strings break because I have them break on me, so I have spares....

...your amp doesn't have excessive tube rattle so I don't understand why you think you need them.

It just seems kinda pointless to me, if my strings didn't ever break I'd be reluctant to buy something that stopped them breaking... even if it was only a dollar. If I could convince every guitar player in the world to buy my $1 item (because hey, it's only a dollar) I'd be a pretty rich man.

Because my amps are not currently having this issue doesn't mean I have not had this issue.

Nearly all my amps have had this problem before, and I've replaced tubes to solve those issues. Last time I was in the studio I had it happen mid session with my lonestar as well.

I asked a question in inquire about the issue, because from what I was able to gather people seemed to say it solved the issue of tube rattle. I'm not talking about something unlikely to happen, I'm talking about something that does happen.

• Members

My ampeg rattles like a song of a bitch. I changed the preamp tubes and it didn't help. Which means it's the power tubes which sucks because I can't really do {censored} about it. There is a tube dampener on it. A big ass metal bracket with foam in the bottom that holds against the tubes.

I {censored}ing hate combos.

Archived