Anyone ever used nakedstrings.com? EU guys is there an alternative for cheap strings?

Kid_A

• Members

I use EHX strings, they sound fine and are available in your desired gauge.
I don't know what they cost in GB, but they are cheap here in Germany, so maybe...

GHS Boomers are not bad either, a lot of options to choose from. But they have a rather brittle sound compared to the ehx.

I hope it helps! :)

• Members

I use Rotosound. The cheapest, but by far my favourite, string that I've even used. I buy them from stringsdirect and they were cheap enough last time I bought a load... :thu:

Oh, and I think I would probably use a 50 over a 46. I don't like boomy low E strings, but I don't like wimpy ones either... My favourite is .48.

• Members

I use Rotosound. The cheapest, but by far my favourite, string that I've even used. I buy them from stringsdirect and they were cheap enough last time I bought a load...
:thu:

Oh, and I think I would probably use a 50 over a 46. I don't like boomy low E strings, but I don't like wimpy ones either... My favourite is .48.

If you didn't get our nudges and winks, melx and I were saying that Legacy Strings and Rotosound strings are most likely the same thing.

Agreed though, it's all about the reds

• Members

If you didn't get our nudges and winks, melx and I were saying that Legacy Strings and Rotosound strings are most likely the same thing.

Agreed though, it's all about the reds

I sort of did. However I was posting from my phone, so I didn't catch everything! And yes, definitely the reds for me. Just perfect. They last ages too, which is more than I can say for the EBs I used previously...

• Members

Hey man.

I usually just buy D'addarios in bulk from Ebay. You can get three sets for a tenner, and they last longer than the ernies I used to play. Rarely break too.

i hate those coloured ends on D'Addarios.

ever tried to change a snapped string backstage quickly? you can't tell one colour for another when there's not much light.

Archived