HD500 vs Nova System vs GT10 - Which to get?

MattACaster

• Members

So I'm looking from a multiFX processor that has midi capability so I can use it to also change the channels on my amps. Ideally I'd like to use the 4CM as well. I know the Nova can't do it but I figured I'd throw that into the mix as well seeing and how I've heard a lot of good things about it.

So, in terms of effects quality and ease of use, what would you guys recommend?

• Members

So, in terms of effects quality and ease of use, what would you guys recommend?

A pedalboard with 3-knob pedals?

I would take the Nova System, I liked it a lot! So far the GT-10 is also very cool but the editing options might be to much for some. The HD500 is terrible in my opinion, and I loved the M9!

• Members

A pedalboard with 3-knob pedals?

I would take the Nova System, I liked it a lot! So far the GT-10 is also very cool but the editing options might be to much for some. The HD500 is terrible in my opinion, and I loved the M9!

Got a small pedal board right now. I just hate the tap dancing involved with it and most of my amps have line level loops so it's hard to find pedals to cooperate.

What didn't you like about the HD500?

• Members

the amp sims and drives on the gt10 are its weak point.. though they are still pretty decent... the rest of the effects are actually quite good and really flexible

i returned my gt500 after about 10 days... hated it

what about a rack processor something like the TC GMajor 2... i really like mine.

• Members

the amp sims and drives on the gt10 are its weak point.. though they are still pretty decent... the rest of the effects are actually quite good and really flexible

i returned my gt500 after about 10 days... hated it

what about a rack processor something like the TC GMajor 2... i really like mine.

Thanks for the input. I'm not really concerned about the amp sims, just effects.

While I'm not totally against the rack thing, I'd still have to get a midi floorboard for it. Plus the rack too. I figured having an all in one floorboard/fx unit would be easier.

Archived