Brief Catalinbread Perseus Review

anglerfish

• Members

I wish I didn't have such a problem with pedals that have decals/stickers on them... I just can't deal with looking down on my board and seeing a matte reflection.... If this pedal was screen-printed I would totally buy it, and probably many other catalinbread effects. I know it makes no sense and it is the sound that matters, but I'm inspired visually, too.... I think I'm just pedal vain like that.

Paint It Black

• Members

why do u think you need 18v?

I don't think it needs it. I just always find I'm utilising the extra headroom that the pog offers, specifically with the sub octave, and that other sub octave pedals where never that interesting to me as a result of only running at 9v. However, as erskin points out, that's comparing octave pedals, and not a sub octave fuzz, which I'm sure will be punchy enough for what it does.

Plus at higher gigging volumes I guess most people aren't going to push sub-octaves very high incase they mess their speakers so then 18v is going to be a rather pointless thing to have just to satisfy bedroom players like myself :lol:

• Members

I don't think it
needs
it. I just always find I'm utilising the extra headroom that the pog offers, specifically with the sub octave, and that other sub octave pedals where never that interesting to me as a result of only running at 9v. However, as erskin points out, that's comparing octave pedals, and not a sub octave fuzz, which I'm sure will be punchy enough for what it does.

Plus at higher gigging volumes I guess most people aren't going to push sub-octaves very high incase they mess their speakers so then 18v is going to be a rather pointless thing to have just to satisfy bedroom players like myself
:lol:

It's not a "clean" octave pedal so the issue of headroom is kinda moot. It does have PLENTY of output level though (unity is around 9:30). And the Cut control allows you to not "mess with your speakers" when running it into a loud, cranked up amp.

:thu: