MXR phase 100, EHX polyphase, EQD grand orbiter demos

goodhonk

• Members

phase 100 and polyphase recorded with sg jr p90 into twin reverb at low volume. grand orbiter recorded with strat and fender champ 600.

IMGP8489.jpg

starting with the left position going through the speeds. positions 3 and 4 sound the best to my tin ears.

mxr phase 100

IMGP8483.jpg

starting in sweep mode feedback at zero, first adjusting rate, then feedback with rate; envelope mode is just some random twiddling with the feedback knob increasing throughout. watch out for clipping.

ehx polyphase

IMGP7800.jpg

go rate 1

go rate 2

go vibrato

go big muff

• Members

The Polyphase sounds really nice, seems to fall between the color down and color up on the Small Stone, and the Envolope was unique. Grand Orbiter also sounds nice, something about its sweep always seems weird to me, don't know what it is, but it's a good thing. Phase 100, first and fourth mode inpressed me too, as I'm usually not into jfet phaseing.

• Members

Thanks a lot goodhonk! Now I have to buy a Polyphase, on the downside... ;)

I had an old MXR for a while, and it really is a very nice phaser. Not very versatile but surprisingly usable for a 10-stage phaser. Position 1 was the best to my ears, mine had a nice throbby distortion at the top of the cycle.

Its buffer was a downer though - when it was switched off, it made all the distortions on the board sound awful. No matter where I put it, before, after, it was all the same. Really weird.

• Members

i've heard others complain about the distorting phase that you mentioned; mine doesn't appear to have that. the bypass is a little muddy.

No complaint at all, I liked it, it gave it a unique flavor!

Have fun with it, the script-logo phase 100's are not easy to come by, at least not here in Yurob.

Archived