Ableton/Novation Launchpad... Talk to me

Kid_A

• Members

Ableton is the best looping/arranging program ever made. The ability to do live improv jams with loops makes it an essential tool. I haven't used Launchpad, but it looks very useful.

This is deffo peaking my interest.... the reason i ask about the pad, is because I hate having to use a mouse to control paremeters on my laptop...

• Members

This is deffo peaking my interest.... the reason i ask about the pad, is because I hate having to use a mouse to control paremeters on my laptop...

You can assign loops to keys on the laptop's keyboard or assign them to any generic midi controller. So the Launchpad is a fun accessory, but it's not required to be mouse-free.

• Members

Ya, anything, you just click a tab and the screen goes blue, click a paramter and the midi button you want to asign it to and it does it.

Really though the nanothing with little dials on it would be more useful than the nanoPAD if you just want to control parameters.

I've owned a launchpad and a nanoPad, both were pretty, but didnt neccisarilly speed up my workflow that much so I got rid of them. YMMV.

Ableton is basically all I ever use for songwriting. Its so {censored}ing handy just to be able to see your song as a shelf full of riffs and parts you can select at any point and they'll drop into the song perfectly in time.

• Members

Ya, anything, you just click a tab and the screen goes blue, click a paramter and the midi button you want to asign it to and it does it.

Really though the nanothing with little dials on it would be more useful than the nanoPAD if you just want to control parameters.

Korg nanoKONTROL MIDI Controller

Also, off topic , could I use a nanopad as a pedal board for my hands in Guitar Rig?

• Members

The Launchpad has lots off cool uses with Max for Live as well. You can essentially use it as you would a monome (ie: lots of cool step sequencer type tools). Imagine using it like the Korg x0x0x0x type sequencers. And yes you can use it for playing synths, not velocity sensitive though.

Archived