Lets talk synths... What do you use?

Kid_A

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

m-audio has the worst "customer service" ever... no support at all, unless you buy a ticket. they have a forum, but it's dead.

The Venom is kinda cool so far, but I'm running into some issues using it as a controller if I wanted to use the arp. it's fine without the arp sending over midi, but once you send it, if you turn the arp off the Venom changes to midi channel 4 AND YOU CAN'T CHANGE IT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

still waiting for the finished batch of OP-1's!
:cry:

if you go to the Elektron-users forum there's a thread with day by day status updates. TE is behind on shipping the full batch but released a small about to those that just "needed to have it, done or not. there are some bugs and it's still the beta os, there's some hiss and USB problems, but even with all that reviews are pretty positive and I like what little I've heard so far...

I'm definitely keeping my eyes peeled for the next batch to go on sale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Right now my synth setup is a Roland D50 (All custom programed patches) routed through an Electrix Filter Factory... So digital synth through an analog filter. I'm all about getting a unique sound. I'd like to upgrade to an Analog or VA synth but I hate controlling filters with rotary encoders... It just feels so unnatural.

Does anyone know of anything VA or analog that has pots for the filter control and is capable of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_VNpTncsqI

Archived