Lets talk synths... What do you use?

Kid_A

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Currently: Alesis QS7.1, Korg EMX1 & ESX1, and a Kaossilator Pro. The QS sounds awesome, has great drum sounds, and a nice big keyboard that I also use to play lots of VST synths. In the past I've owned a Micron, an Alesis AirSynth & AirFX, KP-2, KP-3, Microkorg, Novation K-Station and a Roland JX-305. I don't really get synth gas anymore, but I wouldn't mind having the little DSI Mopho box.

mopho.jpg

Not a synth, but I also want a Denon DN-S1200. Plays from CD/CDR or USB/thumb drive, wav/aiff/mp3, and has bpm-synced effects:

DN-S1200.jpg

:love::love::love:

• Members

Pretty Noobish set-up, no pics to hand but my first was a Novation K-Station, followed by a Yamaha An1x. The K-Station is a great compact little synth, quite versatile, totally different interface from the Yamaha which sounds better but is a nightmare to program (help?). I run them both thru a WEM Copicat which really warms them up in my opinion.

I cant justify putting as much/more money in to synths than I do guitars/effects.

• Members

Access Virus TI:

n1031499811_30184970_6933818.jpg

and

Dave Smith Mono Evolver Keyboard:

5089_1095051089775_1031499811_30222623_1

Although I've decided to sell the MEK as I realized I need a synth that can use samples (looped and one shot) as oscillators and process them in the signal chain. I've been really into "found sounds" lately, stuff I find on Freesound.org, and I've just realized that analog isn't the route for me at the moment.

• Members

Access Virus TI:

n1031499811_30184970_6933818.jpg

and

Dave Smith Mono Evolver Keyboard:

5089_1095051089775_1031499811_30222623_1

Although I've decided to sell the MEK as I realized I need a synth that can use samples (looped and one shot) as oscillators and process them in the signal chain. I've been really into "found sounds" lately, stuff I find on
Freesound.org
, and I've just realized that analog isn't the route for me at the moment.

We should be best friends...

• Members

More of a keyboard guy than guitarist.

I have a Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, an Akai MPK49 that controls a bunch of softies in Ableton Live and a Wurlitzer EP. Had a Little Phatty that got stolen. I also have an ARP Solus but both oscillators are dead. I'll resurrect it one day. Only has one irreplaceable chip on the board and I'm pretty sure that one's fine.

• Members

Sometimes I wish I would've gotten the Microkorg instead of the Mircon. I like the full-size keys and how it sounds, but I really do think the MK would've been easier to learn on.

I've had the Micron for 6 months and I still feel like an idiot with it.

read the manual, noob!!

i spent 3 hours in a coffee shop with the manual and then all night back home with the micron and now i pretty much completely understand the entire thing.

RTFM

it has everything in it and presents it all to you very logically and concisely

its so sick, i made such a cool univibe swoop/vibrato patch that sounds like my dejavibe

• Members

i may have to look into that sonus....

i want a korg mini 700s. here in Korea, there a bunches of old 80s analog and early digital synths for rather cheap. all neglected. no 808 or jupiters, those were

bought up by japanese tourists in the 90s, but theres alot of cool little gadgets still left

but i want that korg 700s!!

Archived