For Fans of Fountains of Wayne, with kids...

gtrwiz

• Members

My kids have been watching this show on Nick Jr. called Bubble Guppies (kinda ghey, I know) that has these incredibly catchy, and familiar sounding, songs. I looked up the music and found that Adam Schlesinger from FoW is one of the writers.

here's one:

[video=youtube;0o7I_jL4eVM]

• Members

They Might Be Giants has made a small cottage industry out of doing kid's music and theme songs for TV shows (like the theme for Malcolm in the Middle and The Daily Show). Their kid's music albums have saved me from having to listen to Raffi . . . . they're actually pretty bearable.

• Members

Devo's Mark Mothersbaugh is the art teacher dude on Yo Gabba Gabba!, he says he gets recognised in the street by preschoolers all the time
:lol:

Was also the music director on Rugratz. Motherfucker be URRYWHERE

• Members

That thing you do is better.

Don't get me wrong, I like that song - but this one takes more melodic chances (for what it is, anyway). There are more things that I didn't see coming but like in this one. I would buy it.

• Members

Is it just me or does the 'sun' chorus bit in the middle sound just like Jason Falkner?

lol.. what the hell am I doing listening to this over and over?
:D

That first change before it hits the more Schlesingery peak, where the vocals kind of intimate it before the guitar kicks in was unexpected - and I dig it.

Yes, I must've listened to it about 10 times yesterday.:facepalm:

Archived