Combining acoustic and electric pedal board advice please!

• Members

Hey

Hoping you can help - can't see much online.

I'm looking to use ONE pedal board which allows me to switch between my acoustic and electric. My Martin would just need to go through a tuner and a DI (and then to the PA). Was thinking it could also go to my Fender Princeton and act as a monitor - but not essential. (would this mean having to adjust the volume on my amp quite a bit??)

My electric would again need to go through my boss tuner, overdrive, chorus etc.

Presume an A/B swich is needed anyway?

Any advice or anyone out there with a similar set up??

Many thanks

Crayon Rob

• Members

thanks guys - appreciated

Any know of anybody using ONE board for both acoustic and electric??

Also - with this set-up do u think my old princeton could work as a monitor in reality? there's 2 inputs but you can't switch between channels on the amp.

(sorry I'm a noob...)

Rob

• Members

I am building one for both - my newest guitar is a Acoustasonic Tele with both magnetic and piezo outs. I would steer clear of using the Princeton for acoustic, except there is one Boss pedal that has an output that is designed to go to a traditional amp..

I'm looking into what the options are, but don't want to spend $300 for a fishman reverb pedal for my acoustic, so I may get the Boss AD-3 myself.

I got a smaller board (The BONE by Gator) because I'm not looking for a lot of pedals, just the basics...

• Members

Thanks Guys

So currently don't use a board at all and looking to get one. So want to just have ONE board for both my acoustic and elec - and both ideally always plugged in. My acoustic to go to the PA (after my board - just tuner and DI probably). Was my acoustic could also go to my princeton and use as a monitor?? - so sound quality wouldn't have to be perfect / 100% acoustic like)

Cheers Goodhonk - wasn't convinced by the boss ad -300 idea - but obviously haven't tried it!! why don't u want to go through the PA ??

• Members

IMHO you need an AB pedal to connect you guitars to a tuner and another AB pedal to select between your electric amp and a DI. If you amp has two separate channels you might be able to use the thru output on the DI to use as a monitor for the acoustic.

You will need to eq the channels to suit each guitar. If you dont have separate channels you need to use wedges or an acoustic amp.

Me? I'd player a Rickenbacker for everything...

Archived