WAAAYY OT - Scooter experts?

Kid_A

• Members

Why not a 125? Trust me the extra little bit of speed can be handy. But if ya want something in a 50 id recommend a honda c50. Can be got for pennies, super mega reliable, anything that does break is very easily fixed and they dont look to bad at all.

• Members

Why not a 125? Trust me the extra little bit of speed can be handy. But if ya want something in a 50 id recommend a honda c50. Can be got for pennies, super mega reliable, anything that does break is very easily fixed and they dont look to bad at all.

Thanks for the reply! I actually really dig the look of that Honda C50, but prices seem to be

• Members

Tom, if I ever get that fat
and wear a skirt on a scooter I want you to come down from canada, marry me, adopt kids, buy them all fat people mobility scooters
and then shoot me in the face.

Fix'd

• Members

I commute six thousand miles a year on my Vespa (it's a 125, one of the modern four stroke ones), and really enjoy it. If you do have the option, get a slightly bigger scoot; 50s tend to get absolutely hammered for a year before the pilot turns 17, plus you want something with just a shade more poke to keep ahead at the traffic lights. I'd avoid those Chinese scoots if I were you - heard some terrifying horror stories about them, especially the frames... Look for a Honda Lead 100 or similar, you should pick one up for close to your budget. And C70s and C90s are cool as cats - the best selling motorcycle in the world ever, fact fans.

• Members

I commute six thousand miles a year on my Vespa (it's a 125, one of the modern four stroke ones), and really enjoy it. If you do have the option, get a slightly bigger scoot; 50s tend to get absolutely hammered for a year before the pilot turns 17, plus you want something with just a shade more poke to keep ahead at the traffic lights. I'd avoid those Chinese scoots if I were you - heard some terrifying horror stories about them, especially the frames... Look for a Honda Lead 100 or similar, you should pick one up for close to your budget. And C70s and C90s are cool as cats - the best selling motorcycle in the world ever, fact fans.

My 2-stroke Vespa PX150 was my only form of transpo for 5 years when I lived in Taiwan. Rode the {censored} out of it. Had to replace the piston and rings a couple of times. Rode it around the island once. It was {censored}ing awesome.

Archived