Roland Fantom G6 problems

Natasha Shah

• Members

Dear all,

I'm a new user of the Roland Fantom G6.

I've created my first favourites bank only to find out that:

1. I can't use the transpose function in this mode i.e when i transpose up or down 1 key and then change sounds the transpose goes back to zero !

2. When I use the Roland EV5 foot pedal to control the sounds, ALL my patch volumes change instead of the master volume.

I would highly appreciate if someone would kindly guide me...

thank you.

xxx

• Members

Have you heard of the Roland Clan forum?

They have a lot of information on the Fantom G over there... http://forums.rolandclan.info

If you have the original OS that came on the Fantom G you will have a LOT of bugs including global changes, but I think a lot of that has been fixed with their newer OS release. You'll find update instructions there, too, in their FAQ.

• Members

no probs was sampling on the x is a simple as attaching the usb cable dragging and dropping to either the internal memory and card then editing or creating a multisample I have never tried the g Diametro is a whizz with the fantoms so I will leave it to his and others better knowledge

• Members

Tasha was/is a Fantom-G owner who raised a big commotion and finally got banned at Roland Clan ... Came back as "Understanding ... "

Something of a mini-legend over there ... Lots of complaints against Fantom-G ... many of which began to be echoed by other "less volatile" members ... eventually made a YouTube video railing against Clan founder Artemio ... (The pic is from Tasha's video ... )

... Basically a case of it's not what you say but how you say it ...

I second

• Members

I don't own a G but with my experience with other Fantoms if you go into System and set master key shift there it should hold through anything you do. The G does patch remain a little differently though. You might have to turn that on.

Roland Clan has one of the snarliest moderators in forumdum but it's all we've got. There are helpful members over there though who may be able to give you further assistance. Diametro, do you have a link to that Youtube video? That oughta be good for a chuckle this afternoon....

• Members

thanks to branko at rolandclan for this:

Try this.

1.Menu

2.System

3.Switch S1/S2

4.set up:

Switch S1 Assign MASTER KEY DOWN

Switch S2 Assign MASTER KEY UP

5.F7 Sys Write

Now you can transpose-it with S1,S2 keys in the favorite mode.And there will be no changes when you change live sets from FAVORITE mode.

You can also save your favorite with -transpose on- for the current song.

• 10 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

I have experienced problems recording audio tracks on my Fantom G6. I record and audio track and then write (save) the finished song. When I turn off my G6 for the night and come the next day, I turn the G6 on and when I load the song I had saved from the day before, the audio track I recorded is damaged and has cracks in it. I thought I had been saving correctly but now I am not sure because this problem prevents me from recording any audio tracks onto my songs or sequences.