Anyone Remember this - Boss ME-X?

BG76

• Members

I bought this a while ago because I got the Boss Book and was surprised that there was no mention of it in there.

I remember seeing these @ Daddys when I was in college (probably 96 or 97). I thought it was a neat idea and then I never saw them again. I seriously think they were out for about a week.

When I started looking for one I had no idea what it did or what it was called but I found one of those 'pocket guides' Boss used to make and it was in there.

It was kind of a cross between a switching system and a multi effects unit. Oddly enough, the built in processor doesn't do any overdrives. It just does reverbs and stuff. You can hook in three pedals and have programable settings ala GCX.

It is a neat thing that is useless for me but it only cost $65 and sometimes nostalgia is worth that. Just kind of an odd, forgotten product I thought I would share:

DSCN0004-13.jpg

DSCN0005-12.jpg

DSCN0009-7.jpg

• Members

Actually, it's practical and portable and it sounds good, like most Boss stuff. I just don't ever really use it but I still wanted to have one:)

You can add volume pedals to do volume and the auto wah and some other things. The delay/reverb trails keep going even when you switch to another effect. The headphone amp is good.

It does 'stomp box' mode - where you can just turn things on/off or program mode. You can use a bass or guitar with it and some other stuff.

It was a neat idea, it was just released at a time when people were using less effects.

• Members

if you can find one for under $100 - and they're out there - imho it's a cool thing to own.

here is the manual -http://www.scribd.com/doc/35682730/Boss-ME-X-Manual

some sites date them to the 1980s but they're actually from the mid to late 90s - like i said i remember being in college when they came out.

• 6 years later...

Archived