OT: IT'S TIME... Who are you voting for ... ???

Diametro

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes!!!!!! We can sing a song of hope, FINALLY!

The past 8 years have been total HELL. Finally, we elect someone who I believe can change things for the better.

And now I can sleep better at night knowing that Palin won't be anywhere near the nuke button.

I'm going to celebrate by buying an Andromeda! Oh wait, I have one already... ;)

• Members

I was happy last night, but today, I mourn for for the past 8 years and the lives that have been lost, shattered and ruined. Today, I pray that Americans realize that we are all interconnected, to each other and the other people of this world and to the world itself and that hurting another only brings harm to yourself.

And pighood, in 2013, when there are still taxes to pay and weird noises to make and when i settle down to watch the Facts of Life Thanksgiving Day marathon, which is the tradition at our house, they will be a place for you at the table, if you want it.

I can't decide whether to weep or puke.

• Members

BTW, there are several things that Obama voted on that bothered me

But 1 large difference- Obama explained his position to his audience when there was significant disagreement

and that counts

Well, I think that you can tell a lot from the kind of campaign each of them ran. McCain's was a vicious, dishonest, stupid campaign which reminded us of Joe McCarthy. Obama's was much more restrained than it could have been. He didn't put out ads about Palin's connections to the Alaska separatist movement, questioning the official story about McCain's torture and captivity by the Vietnamese, and some of his historical associations. Even if they had exactly the same politics, and even if that absolute idiot Sarah Palin weren't in the mix, Obama would be the better candidate. However, I both think that the overall differences in policy (rather than character) are MUCH smaller than most people realize, but also that in these particular times, it was worth it to vote for Obama anyway. I didn't by the way - California wasn't close, so I can feel good that I voted for Ralph Nader.

• Members

Do you think that the Republican party considered this a lost election from the beginning (due to the general unrest of the populace), and so they let McCain/Palin run just to not "waste" a real candidate?

I can't think of any other reason for putting them in the spotlight. You could see the fail from Uranus.

• Members

that's just an example of the polarization in this country that needs to stop. ignore it.

Don't you need to take your meds or something?

btw - polarization is GOOD. We don't want to hug right wing, bigoted, assholes. We can't and shouldn't all get along. Sometimes compromise and cooperation is NOT the answer.

• Members

Drool, let me just say that for a joke, that was so below your humor standard, I didn't even recognize it as such
:)

Awwww come on, give me a hug, you big ol' liberal you.

I am not a liberal, btw.

I appreciate that you rate all of my jokes, and that you judged this one to be substandard. No hug for you, until I get a reprieve from eternal damnation. That can either come from you, or your spiritual daddy.

• Members

Don't you need to take your meds or something?

btw - polarization is GOOD. We don't want to hug right wing, bigoted, assholes. We can't and shouldn't all get along. Sometimes compromise and cooperation is NOT the answer.

Not in this case no, i'm just saddened it took so many loses to get here though. most of the people in this country are decent, hardworking, open minded people that were sadly just too busy trying to get their bills payed to notice what was going on.

Quiet candidly, I think bush should have been hauled out like Mussolini and the fact that it didn't happen only proves that a majority of Americans could have cared less about the corrupt example of failed leadership he is and the innocent lives lost in an illegal war, which the economic collapse is a direct result of. Sure, when you can't afford that frappacuccino anymore it finally starts to affect middle America. we ultimately did this to ourselves and there's no bogeyman rhetoric that will explain it differently. hopefully, just hopefully we can get these 8 years behind us and can finally build a solid foundation for our nation and not forget or repeat the mistakes of them.

but ah, i couldn't tell you were joking either and CR takes alot of crap for some reason .. :idk: but he's a pretty good guy otherwise.

• Members

Not in this case no, i'm just saddened it took so many loses to get here though. most of the people in this country are decent, hardworking, open minded people that were sadly just too busy trying to get their bills payed to notice what was going on.

Quiet candidly, I think bush should have been hauled out like Mussolini and the fact that it didn't happen only proves that a majority of Americans could have cared less about the corrupt example of failed leadership he is and the innocent lives lost in an illegal war, which the economic collapse is a direct result of. Sure, when you can't afford that frappacuccino anymore it finally starts to affect middle America. we ultimately did this to ourselves and there's no bogeyman rhetoric that will explain it differently. hopefully, just hopefully we can get these 8 years behind us and can finally build a solid foundation for our nation and not forget or repeat the mistakes of them.

but the only way that real positive change will happen is if the Obama administration actually FIGHTS for such change against overwhelming corporate influence that affects his own party as well as the Republicans. Bipartisanship isn't going to get us there, and neither is 'bringing us all together'. The lowest common denominator will accomplish nothing.

• Members

that's what I thought too. you should have seen me mocking them at home. heh. Seriously, I should be on SNL.

but seriously, those are also our least populous states and ironically, they were the first to give women the right to vote. BBC News has a cool map that will let you resize the US according to population and the differences about where most americans live becomes obvious.

• Members

That's completely unfair of you to say.

As if race was the reason that conservative people might have had not to vote for Obama.

You, too, can't seem to be gracious in victory.

there is a certain ring of truth to it with regards to american geography. i'm shocked myself Louisiana didn't go blue.