Want to split up my chain into a clean signal and a wet signal going to my amp

geek_usa

• Members

I have a few really nice vintage pedals that I love to use but I hardly get to because they are tone-suckers. I prefer using my tone dry without the effects because it gives me a better "main" sound but I'd like to start incorporating the effects into my signal chain.

What I want to do is have the cable go from my guitar, and split up where I have one dry signal and one wet, but both going to my amp. I've thought about how to do this and I'm unsure exactly.

So it would be

Guitar > (path 1 : FX board) > amp

..........> (path 2: dry, amp)

Is this achievable or am I dreaming?

• Members

Here's the ghetto way:

2 of these

t141_672f7181d3a62ae4cca67232512cbdd2.jp

and one of these

t350_89c1b4ebc42fc6985064efa07d44ec3f.jp

If you do that you'll need a low impedence signal to drive the split.

If you've got active pups you should be fine.

If you've got pedal in front of the split that is ALWAYS on, you should be fine.

If you've got a pedal with a half-decent buffered bypass in front of the split, you should be fine.

How are you planning on combining the two signals at the end? Do you just want to switch between them or blend them?

Does your amp have two inputs?

• Members

I was looking into the LS-2 for this, but from the manual, it seems to me you can only have dry or loop A/loop B or the loops mixed. I would want to mix the dry with the loops. I guess if you just used it as a splitter it would work, but then you'd have to sum it to mono some how at the end.

• Members

I was looking into the LS-2 for this, but from the manual, it seems to me you can only have dry or loop A/loop B or the loops mixed. I would want to mix the dry with the loops. I guess if you just used it as a splitter it would work, but then you'd have to sum it to mono some how at the end.

If you don't connect anything to one of the loops, A+B mode blends the connected loop with the bypass/dry. The unconnected loop's level knob controls the amount of dry signal.

If you want to mix loop A, loop B AND the dry all at once - well you can't do that with just one LS-2.

• Members

If you don't connect anything to one of the loops, A+B mode blends the connected loop with the bypass/dry. The unconnected loop's level knob controls the amount of dry signal.

If you want to mix loop A, loop B AND the dry all at once - well you can't do that with just one LS-2.

thanks, that helps!

Archived