What are some of the best sounding keyboards that emulate rhodes,wurlitzer, hammonds?

Skin flute

• Members

Hi, I really love the sound of a fender rhodes, wurlitzer electric pianos, and vaious organ such as hammond. What are some models that offer simulations of these sounds. I was looking at the Nord stage 88 at guitar center and it sounded damn good. any suggestions on models that sound very close to the real thing. thanks

• Members

Yamaha MO/Motif nails the rhodes sound closer than anything else I have heard and I own a rhodes stage 73....Yamaha kills the competition on EP sounds IMHO for hammond you may be better off with a module or Nord electro...but I thought the Yamahas were closer for EP than the Nord was myself.

• Members

If you dont want to spend a ton ,, the roland stage pianos do a pretty good job. I played everything at GC and for the money and sound the roland RD300sx got my dollars. They have the GX out now... more piano like weighted keys. I happen to like the ligher action on the SX. I think alot of it is what you are running a keyboard through. I love how it sounds through two 450 mackies..... so it rocks out pretty good. For practice i just run one.

• Members

Nord Electro.

But... I just got my Kurzweil PC2r a few days ago, and I just programmed the KB3 controls on my novation x-station. I must say, the KB3 sounds allmost as good as my NE2r. It's different, but great nonetheless.

It's also has some great wurlitzers. Not too sure about the Rhodes sounds, they are definitly better on the NE. Clavs are good (it lacks that great wahwah that the NE has..) and of course excellent acoustic pianos.

• Members

Dude, just go try it out!

The best value for what it sounds like you need (as an apparent newbie), is the Nord Electro. Just get that and you're done. If you are truly serious about wanting the bona fide authenticity of Hammond, Wurlitzer, Clav, Rhodes.

Otherwise, just get a MicroKorg.

• Members

two questions, does anyone know the pricing for the upcoming Nord Electro 3 models. Second, I went to GC and tried the stage88 and the electro 2 and enjoyed them both. I dont know if it was me but the stage sounded superior in sound to the electro.The rhodes sounds in particular, a Mark V on the Stage and who knows what on the electro.(3 diff E piano). I couldnt quite get the expressive sound I did on the stage on the electro. I think it might have been the weighted keys, seems like it gave more of a "pop" when hitting a note. Im also not sure if the models were different on each keyboard but i was trying to match the electro's sound to the stage's Mark V. Does anyone notice this, and is there a difference in sound or quality.

• Members

The Stage has different samples and probably more complex samples. One thing is the release samples on the Stage for key-off artifacts. Overall, the Stage and Electro are similar sounds, definitely not apples & oranges. It comes down to what other capabilities you need as the instruments play to different needs altogether. I have owned both and the Electro meets my needs perfectly. The Stage exceeded my needs and thus was not justified for my rig in terms of cost.

Archived