If money was no issue... which guitar/amp combo would you have?

• Members

Just saw my dream guitar in the Post Your Rig thread... and it got me thinking...

If money weren't an issue at all, pick 1 guitar and 1 amp to rock for the rest of your life.

Here's my guitar...:

Gretsch_G-6136_T_Left_Handed_White_Falco

Every time I've heard one, I'm just blown away at how resonant it sounds, along with how thick and warm it sounds as well. The Bigsby is just the cherry on top... If I had this guitar, I honestly think I wouldn't gas again. :lol:

amp:

464434005_o.jpg

The DC30 is still probably the best amp I've ever heard... or at least the best take on the Marshall/Vox combo out there... great character and presence.

With that duo... I would conquer the world.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would have multiple guitars and amps... I know you said 1 guitar and 1 amp, but if money wasn't an issue, I wouldn't just buy 1 guitar and 1 amp :lol:

It would incluse a Gibson Les Paul and SG, a Electric Guitar Company aluminum neck guitar of some sorts, an American Fender Tele, and probably some more (definitely a hollowbody).

Not completely sure about the amps, but I would go and try everything out. Would surely also include a Fender Twin (which I already own, so that's nice)

• Members

I really like the guitars I have. I'd like a nice 335 and a really nice jazz guitar too. As for amps a couple of blackface Fender, an AC30 and maybe a Hiwatt would be awesome. As for fx, again I like what I have. A Fulltone TTE would be really nice though.

• Members

wishlists :(

it is to much what i want or would buy in that case. one good HighGain AMP like the Rivera Knucklehead again and another one just for the clean stuff beside... Guitar? dont know, to much nice guitars i like, but all so different. Maybe a Caparison, a PRS, Fender Flathead, dunno :idk:

• Members

I have my dream amp already - '62 Fender Tremolux

5821894197_b42a837a35.jpg

As for dream guitar, I feel I have that already too, but it doesn't match up with the amp quite as well, so I'd have to go with a 60's Jazzmaster.

• Members

Have the dream guitar sorted - Rickenbacker 360 Fireglo,

DSC_2569.jpg

DSC_2563.jpg

DSC_2562.jpg

as for the amp - tough one, but I'm certainly not left wanting with my Marshall JVM 410h at the moment. If I had to pick just one to have for the rest of my life it'd probably be a Hughes & Kettner Triamp.

Archived