Any fans of The Horrors?

Kid_A

• Members

I used to despise this band... the first album was just like The Addams Family theme song with OTT punk guitars... And all this funded by Chris Cunningham (bloke who makes Aphex Twins videos)...

They then blew everyone away with their second album, Primary Colours (produced by the bloke from Portishead)... Tons of reverse reverb guitars and lots of post punks vibes... For those who have never heard that, Take a listen to this (I know its 8mins, but the end is the best bit);

[video=youtube;K1lD5cE6Bwc]

Anyway, has anyone heard the new album Skying? I am absolutely hooked on it... They have surpassed themselves again... I cant even believe im writing this as I used to despise them so much.

Free stream of the album here;

http://thehorrors.co.uk/blog/327/skying-stream

• Members

Tomorrow? I'll be around Islington way, gotta see a man about a dog at 6 or so but I'll be knocking around after that

{censored}... got rehearsals on Tuesdays and Thursdays... Next Wednesday?

• Members
I really liked Primary Colors, got the new one yesterday but havent listened properly

Its a huge change again in sound for them... ITs very 80s based, Echo and the Bunnymen, Simple Minds, Chameleons in there... But Primay Colours is pretty special :) By the way, your sig about the clown makes me weep with joy :lol:

• Members

I really like Primary Colours, I listen to it a lot in work when I need to put the headphones one and get some work done for an hour. Some great simple riffs and synth bits on there, plus the delay and reverb all over it does make it sound really good. Definatley inspired some stuff I working on at the moment (along with the last editors album) , getting more synthy influced guitar playing.

• Members

Are these the guys who look like Netstar?

Served these guys at work recently. The guitarist mumbles, the [now] keyboardist is very polite and well spoken and Faris the singer had his head in his sketchbook the whole night. I think they were there with management.

/seif

Archived