I just ordered a pizza from Dominos

Loobs

• Members

Well, I don't know if it says anything about the pizza, but Domino's founder Tom Monaghan is a loony religious nutjob and architecture aficionado. He used to have an all-Catholic law school in Ypsilanti, MI, which he moved to Florida and intended to build like a 500-foot cross on its property, except all of the residents of that town freaked out, in the same manner that the residents of Ann Arbor, MI freaked out when he said that he intended to erect a giant Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired tower in that city (the model of it is still standing on Domino's Farms property in Ann Arbor -- it's hideous).

The pizza is just bad all around.

Just looked that dude up on Wiki...never eating there again.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's a local general store that does open mic on the weekends, their pizza is pretty much the best in the area. Admittedly I'm now a bit biased towards the place since I started working there two weeks back, but I held that opinion before being employed there. So there. :p

I'll have to get some pics and videos for you guys tomorrow, the process of pizza crafting.

• Members

BBQ sauce on pizza is not pizza. It's bread with BBQ sauce on it. I don't know if they have California Pizza Kitchen over in the UK but you guys need to stay as far away from that place if you want real Chicago or NYC style pizza.

http://www.cpk.com/menu/#Pizzas

=
vomit-smiley-31.gif

In Australia it's pretty common to get a bbq sauce base on your Pizza. {censored}ing rank if you ask me.

I've tried Chicago style pizza at Lou Malnati's and it was fantastic and nothing like what is considered Chicago style pizza in the UK. That's the label given to thick base pizza basically.

• Members

Man, when I was in Venice, I had the best pizza prosciutto I ever tasted. I could see them slicing off the prosciutto ham in razor thin slices from a big chunk of meat after I ordered it. So so so good, not at all greasy either (like Turkish or American style pizzas usually are).

• Members

I think Strada is better.

wasn't blown away when I went there but I didn't have a pizza, will take your word on it they're good.

I'm sure there are plenty of them in london, the only one in bristol is clifton village where there are better local places anyway.

• Members

I haven't had it since they said they improved it. Before it was like lunchables pizza, just heated up.

I only get pizza from a large chain if it's a last resort & nowhere else is open. In my town of 10k or so people, there's 7 pizza shops to choose from.

And still I order pizza from the shop that is in a nearby town 3 miles away.

• Members

Man, when I was in Venice, I had the best pizza prosciutto I ever tasted. I could see them slicing off the prosciutto ham in razor thin slices from a big chunk of meat after I ordered it. So so so good, not at all greasy either (like Turkish or American style pizzas usually are).

I had a pepperoni pizza in Venice. It was pretty good. Supposedly Venice isn't the place to go for pizza in Italy though. There's a local italian place about 6 miles from me that does it better.

Best Pizza in the Pittsburgh area:

1. Domenico's Cranberry- great restaurant style pizza. The crust is amazing. Good sauce, good cheese. Lots of good beer there too. They serve Skullsplitter! :D

2. Pizza Sola East Liberty/Cranberry/South Side- big New York slices. Pretty awesome.

Archived