I just ordered a pizza from Dominos

Loobs

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It just arrived here. Have any of you guys eaten pizza from Dominos? How was it?

Well, I don't know if it says anything about the pizza, but Domino's founder Tom Monaghan is a loony religious nutjob and architecture aficionado. He used to have an all-Catholic law school in Ypsilanti, MI, which he moved to Florida and intended to build like a 500-foot cross on its property, except all of the residents of that town freaked out, in the same manner that the residents of Ann Arbor, MI freaked out when he said that he intended to erect a giant Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired tower in that city (the model of it is still standing on Domino's Farms property in Ann Arbor -- it's hideous).

The pizza is just bad all around.

• Members

Detroit has it's own pizza style?

Does it beg for bailout money?

Fixed it for ya.

No one who has never been to Metro Detroit ever believes me, and I'm super partial because I've lived in the area my whole life, but man, Detroit-style pizza rules. It's a square deep dish sort of like a Sicilian pan pizza, but the crust is twice baked and the toppings are buried under the cheese and sauce. Sounds weird, I know, but I love me some Detroit-style:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_style_pizza

Buddyssmallpizza.jpg

Mmmmm, crispiest crust ever. Buddy's is usually ranked amongst the 20 "best" pizzerias in the country by national publications. If you're ever in the area, give it a shot.

• Members

Fixed it for ya.

No one who has never been to Metro Detroit ever believes me, and I'm super partial because I've lived in the area my whole life, but man, Detroit-style pizza rules. It's a square deep dish sort of like a Sicilian pan pizza, but the crust is twice baked and the toppings are buried under the cheese and sauce. Sounds weird, I know, but I love me some Detroit-style:

Buddyssmallpizza.jpg

Mmmmm, crispiest crust ever. Buddy's is usually ranked amongst the 20 "best" pizzerias in the country by national publications. If you're ever in the area, give it a shot.

loveeee me some buddy's pizza. there are a few in metro detroit, but i have found that none of them compare to the original in the city!!

• Members

Fixed it for ya.

Buddyssmallpizza.jpg

that makes me want to go to Detroit just to eat some za, looks awesome.

• Members

Detroit has it's own pizza style?

Does it mug your intestines?

:lol:

we used to have as "Chicago Pizza Works" here and they made a great deep dish pizza that was supposedly "authentic", it was {censored}ing tastey I loved that place. we have a chain here called "Boston Pizza", they changed their name and signs on the all the outlets during the playoff run to "Canada Pizza". I can only imagine what would have happened if there was a Boston Pizza in the path of the rioters.

Archived