December New Gear Thread

Don Solaris

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nord isn't trying to sell me a $300 fuzz pedal made from less than ten components jammed into a knock-off Hammond-style project box with an oh-so-witty name like "PoonFuzz2000" scrawled on the front with a permanent marker.

Nord isn't boutique. It's just a teensy bit spendy.

Oh Pedalwhore,why so angry?

• Members
See DLP, somebody got an empty box as well...
:lol:

Haha, well there were dvds in the box that do something, though so far it is just spin and install. There was also a manual that is pretty darned thin for such an expensive piece of software. I dunno why it is taking so damn long to put all the stuff on my sample drive. I think it might something to do with the files being bat-{censored} insane huge, like multiple gigs per file. I dunno why they do that instead of breaking the content up into more manageable pieces.

Incidentally, guitar center price matches and promises 10% off the difference, so I used that plus music123's current 15% off sale to my advantage :)

• Members

MF didn't ship my Blofeld, and I'm taking out my frustration on whoever gets in my way. Burster1 was a viable target.
:wave:

Don't worry DLP. When you return your stuff to MF you just send one box back empty. Actually, one was empty already, so they will receive two boxes empty. Then it is word against word.

...it surprises me how evil I can be...;)

• Members
"depht?"

"DEPHT?"

:facepalm:

English not being my mother tongue, I'd like to offer a comment: It looks like they are made in the Dominican Republic - I think that would be a very common, honest mistake for a Spanish (or Italian, or French, or any Romance languages) speaking person. We don't have those types of sounds - GTH, DTH, MPH and so forth, in our languages.

But yes, marketing the pedal to "the world", and English being the most common language, they should have checked it.

On the other hand, I cringe when I see Italian words being mispelled, especially music-related ones written in the synthesizer patch names:

STACATTO (the correct word is "STACCATO")

PIZZICATTO (or PIZZACATO) (the correct word is "PIZZICATO")

TREMELO (the correct word is "TREMOLO")

and many others that are frequently used by English-speaking programmers in synth patches...

Just my 0.02 cents.

-

• Members
English not being my mother tongue, I'd like to offer a comment: It looks like they are made in the Dominican Republic - I think that would be a very common, honest mistake for a Spanish (or Italian, or French, or any Romance languages) speaking person. We don't have those types of sounds - GTH, DTH, MPH and so forth, in our languages.

But yes, marketing the pedal to "the world", and English being the most common language, they should have checked it.

On the other hand, I cringe when I see Italian words being mispelled, especially music-related ones written in the synthesizer patch names:

STACATTO (the correct word is "STACCATO")

PIZZICATTO (or PIZZACATO) (the correct word is "PIZZICATO")

TREMELO (the correct word is "TREMOLO")

and many others that are frequently used by English-speaking programmers in synth patches...

Just my 0.02 cents.

-

Interesting insight, Paolo. I didn't realize that English wasn't your native t-- oh wait:

HELLO, PAOLO.

THANK. YOU. FOR. YOUR. VERY. HELPFUL. COMMENT. LET. ME. KNOW. IF. I. AM. GOING. TOO. FAST. FOR. YOU.

:wave:

Archived