December New Gear Thread

Don Solaris

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

...anything that happened in November (which is a silly month anyway, and shouldn't ever be taken literally), so I'm not a gear whore. Right?

I was once like you. :freak::lol:

Just wait, as soon as you have your studio just so then you'll go nuts with G.A.S. for all kinds of esoteric outboard.

• Members

I sold one of these week ago. It just didn't worked for me. Lower keyboard is too low and it perturbs your legs, so you can't sit without hitting the lower keyboard, upper is too high so you must stand all the time + and overall look is archaic. BTW that picture is totally fake. If you would actually put keyboards there, they would be literally on top of each other thus impossible to program and play. Distance must be much greater for any useful work, so you end up in what's just explained. (trust me, you'll remember this post...)

You just made me very sad :cry:

I'll wait and see how it works for me. Unfortunatly, I have a very small room, so placing my keyboards in an L-shape using two stands is a no-go for me.. Right now my TE is not getting used at all, such a shame...

• Members

You just made me very sad
:cry:

I'll wait and see how it works for me. Unfortunatly, I have a very small room, so placing my keyboards in an L-shape using two stands is a no-go for me.. Right now my TE is not getting used at all, such a shame...

I've got 4 of 'm stacked on top of eachother now (pay attention when assembling! It's not fun to take everything apart again when you find out one of the bars has the arms in the wrong direction!). 3 is, IMHO, doable. With mine it kind of sucks that I can't directly see on top of the JX8P, but I don't care much about that as the factory presets are good enough and I've got some sweet patches on my cartridge.

• Members

Supposedly it'll read PDFs, drop 'em on a media card and slap it into the Reader. voila!

I haven't actually tried it on ours, though.

It works great! Also, I found some other books online with a ".lit" suffix (not sure what that is), and used this software to convert them to the ".lrf" format that the Sony uses natively.

This thing is badass. Oh, and you don't need a media card; when you plug the device into the computer, it shows up as a drive. Just browse to the directory with the other ".lrf" files in and put new stuffs there.

• Members

The goddamn exchange rate for USD has priced me out of new gear for a long long time.. it just seems silly to buy stuff now.

Eg USD$1000 used to cost me around NZD$1300, now it costs me around NZD$2000...

Sucks, especially when I was getting geared up to get an Eventide H8000FW, and an Octopus.. not going to happen now :(

• Members

Is it able to do very bright, high contrast, with variable font sizes? I've been thinking about one of these types of devices for my dad who has very bad eyesight and needs a ton of brightness (a ton).

It has no backlight of its own, it's a purely reflective display, just like reading a printed page. It's a bit disconcerting when you first look at it, it looks fake, like someone left the "demo display graphic" overlay on it. But push the button in it magically changes.

So, I imagine it can be bright with as much light as you're willing to shine at it.

The font face itself can't really be changed (it depends on the book), but you CAN select small/medium/large. I dunno if the large is really large enough in your case, that's something you'd have to judge for yourself.

• Members

Did that program end?

Nope, still alive and kicking: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

You have to jump through a bunch of hoops - make a live.com account, a live.com cashback account, make sure your ebay and paypal accounts are linked, etc. Then when you want to buy something, go to live.com, search for any old thing and click the ebay sponsored link with the cashback icon next to it ( I always search for "vintage clothes"). Once you get to ebay, find the item you want to buy, buy it now and pay with paypal immediately. You get like a 30% rebate, up to $200 / transaction. A bit of a pain but well worth it!

Archived