Devi Ever Dubstep: An absurdly overpriced Copilot FX Dubscope to be?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Pretty different pedals...$400 isn't bad for all that is going on inside there.

The devi does seem better suited for doing the wobwob on the fly, though the sequencer inside the dubscope is pretty badass.

bigchiefdubscope.JPG

oferdubscope.JPG

pretty badass of devi to blatantly copy this and ask for $20000 to even start the project.

• Members

Devi is quickly becoming the new Zvex of the effects world... completely irrelevant.

NONONONO very different. No comparison except for some extreme personality quirks, but devi wins that one in droves.

zvex made some game changers, devi just makes the same fuzz over and over (in my opinion)

• Members

Devi alluded to making north of $200k last year in a thread awhile back so it's kind of mystifying why she'd need to raise such an absurd amount to produce one pedal.

That's kind of a vague statement. It's likely gross income and not profit.

Also, not sure there is much Devi here. These big projects are all coming from INFANEM I believe. Ken designs them for Devi to produce under her larger and more established brand name. The silver rose was done that way.

• Members

ZVex did some cool stuff with the probe series and the sequenced pedals, but long before those he became famous for a 5 knob fuzz face and a boost circuit taken from an old mixing desk schematic. Hardly game changers.

How long have you been playing guitar and buying pedals? ZVex was making those products 15-20 years ago when there was nothing like them out there. The massive amount of builders out there now makes the original boutique guys seem less innovative but consider that the Fuzz Factory came out in the early 90s and it puts a lot in perspective. Devi was probably playing a recorder in elementary school then.

• Members

ZVex did some cool stuff with the probe series and the sequenced pedals, but long before those he became famous for a 5 knob fuzz face and a boost circuit taken from an old mixing desk schematic. Hardly game changers.

dude don't write off the fuzz factory like that. {censored} was a game changer fo sho, breau

• Members

That's kind of a vague statement. It's likely gross income and not profit.

I can't find the quote but I believe she claimed to have "taken home" something like $80k of that. I don't know how many pedal builders you talk to but it's a lot of money for the scope of her business any way you look at it. My point was that if she can leverage profits like that I don't understand why she needs $20k for some goofy dubstep pedal.

• Members

Don't take my comments about Zvex out of context. Without Zvex few of us would be on this forum today. He changed the game by thinking outside the box. Don't forget about the Vexter series... there was a time when a boutique pedal for less than $170 was something totally new.

The reason I hate what Zvex has become is because I feel like the company could still be capable of dropping bombs on the industry but he's {censored}ing around with the "invent-o-box" and box-o-metal.

• Members

Yeah 250k in sales.

Subtract parts costs

Utilities

Tool maintenance

Employee costs

& cost of living in Seattle

Seriously. . . if you think Devi's making bank think again. She might have a lot of sales, but I could easily see how she could be broke.

Also I don't think gender reassignment's super cheap.

She's probably pouring any profit she has into increased production & R+D.

Small business is hard.

• Members

I can't find the quote but I believe she claimed to have "taken home" something like $80k of that. I don't know how many pedal builders you talk to but it's a lot of money for the scope of her business any way you look at it. My point was that if she can leverage profits like that I don't understand why she needs $20k for some goofy dubstep pedal.

Haha yeah because I'd invest 25% of my take home back into something that fills a small niche.