Battle Of The Boards 2011 - All you have to know...

neoflox

• Members

logo2011.gif

S C H E D U L E

Entry: 6 nov (sun) - 13 nov (sun)

Voting: 15 nov (tue) - 20 nov (sun)

Raffle drawing: 20 nov (sun)

R U L E S

• Entries are welcome from all HC members. However, members with a registration date as of Sun, Nov 6 2011 or later are excluded from the Prize Raffle.

• Each forumite may enter in one regular category. An additional entry in a "Special Category" is optional, but aswell limited to one entry in one additional category. The additional submission does not award for the prize raffle.

• A photo of the board is required, including a sign containing your username and date taken. Exceptional a video or audio clip for the demonstration categories

• All boards must be wired, pass signal and be ready to play. Boards wired by professionals or design companies are only allowed to enter in the Moderator/Pro category.

• If you are a professional maker of pedalboards, pedals or related equipment, we suggest you to enter into the Moderator/Pro category for good.

• Every effect in your signal chain will count as 1. Every pedal that is not in your chain will not count (like exp. pedal or tap tempo). Off-board pedals are counted as long as they are within reach of the board (ie. not in a rack drawer)

• The winners from each category will be entered in a championship round for the title of "Best Pedalboard of 2011"

• Violating one of the rules prohibits participation in the Battle of the Boards 2011 contest. Additionally, anyone who is under a temp ban is ineligible to win prizes or a "category win", including the "bragging rights" that would otherwise come with a category win. All entries will be checked for "alts" - if you were thinking about using an alt moniker or three to enter the contest, don't. It's an instant disqualification, not to mention HC ban.

• If there is ambiguity, don't hesitate to ask in this thread or contact neoflox (PN) or post the question in this thread.

• H a v e . f u n !

C A T E G O R I E S

You may enter in one of the following categories by submitting one single image of your pedal board. Feel free to compete with an equally sized board or with a special purpose board:

• Small Board (2-5 pedals) Poll 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

• Medium Board (6-10 pedals) Poll 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

• Large Board (11-15 pedals) Poll 1, 2, 3

• Monster Board (16 pedals and more)

• Budget Board (Mainly cheap Pedals under 100$, max. one Pedal up to 200$) Poll 1, 2

• Boutique Board (Mainly boutique, expensive and rare Pedals)

• Vintage Board (Mainly Pedals that are old)

• DIY Board (Mainly self-made pedals, non-professional pedals)

• Noise Board (Mainly special purpose pedals like bitcrusher, synthies etc.)

• Bass Board

• Moderator/Pro Board (a "display only" category, any HC moderator or musical equipment related professional can enter, no prizes will be awarded)

Every participant may choose to enter one of the following "Special Categories" additionally. These are vote-only and are not eligible for an additional draw in the prize raffle.

• Best Pedal Demonstration (video demonstration of a single pedal)

• Best Rig Demonstration (video demonstration of multiple pedals, guitars, amps, whatever you want to show)

• Best Live Use of Effects (Video of you playing infront of an audience. This is the only exception of a pre-produced entry that does not afford the BOTB-signage and may have been recorded within the last 12 months)

• Coolest Pedal Board Picture (must be a different image than your regular entry. Needs a sign with date and username aswell)

• Best Complete Rig (one image showing your rack and remote unit all together with your board)

P R I Z E . R A F F L E

There will be a random prize raffle for all submissions, legitimate to participate through the rules above

If you would like to donate a prize, don't hesitate to contact me.

H O W . T O . P A R T I C I P A T E

Please follow these simple steps to submit your entry:

• Write or print a sign that holds your username and the date.

• Take aphoto of your board containing the sign. If you have an older camera, be sure to have as much light available as possible to achieve best quality. Please only send pictures of least 800px width.

• Renameyour picture to your username (example: "neoflox.jpg")

• Add this to the email's subject line: your username, the category you wish to enter (example: "neoflox, best small board")

• Submit your image or video link to this email adress: battleoftheboards2011@gmail.com

Enjoy!

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't wait to vote for SAL.

I wish I would have pulled the trigger on some of the pedals I've been wanting a little sooner. Looks like I'm stuck in "meh-ville" for this year again.

Were you gonna vote for him before or after you wipe his {censored} off your nose?

• Members

i have an enclosure with two different pedal circuits in it. does it count as one or two?

Not quite sure how we have handled this in the last years. Anyone remember? I'd say it is two, but if there is a reason for it being count as one only, bring it forth.

• Members

also, not that i give a {censored}--but wasn't the small board supposed to be 5 pedals max? i'll still win with 5. but there's no way 6 pedals should be considered a small board.

I allowed to adjust this margin so 90% of all submissions don't go into the medium size category. I reserve the possibility to change it back to 2-5 if the majority ask for it.

• Members

I'm excited to see the noise and DIY boards.

....most creative picture
:idk:
... you mean other then my bedroom floor?

This one's for the creative people out there and for the trolls railing over shitty boards on pretty pics winning. Think of it as a kind of valve for all the HDR and high-class photography. Now everyone can submit an equally crappy cell phone pic. :thu:

• Members

two different circuits (Zvex and Roger Mayer). only one 9v input.

I'd call that one. Its one pedal. A pedal like the Mothership (3 circuits: octave down, ring mod, synth) or Germanium4BigMuff (2 circuits: overdrive and distortion) or Twosome (2 circuits: Musket and Fix'd Fuzz) would be considered one pedal.

• Members

I'd call that one. Its one pedal. A pedal like the Mothership (3 circuits: octave down, ring mod, synth) or Germanium4BigMuff (2 circuits: overdrive and distortion) or Twosome (2 circuits: Musket and Fix'd Fuzz) would be considered one pedal.

Right, we've had it like that last year. I remember all the M9s and M13 counting as one pedal. To be honest, that didn't match at all. Not saying every effect in a M13 should be count as one but I'll have to keep all multieffects boards in one voting thread. Frenzy.

Archived