Suhr Riot vs. Barber Stuff vs. Wampler Stuff for Metal?

LesPaulFetish

• Members

DO I HAVE A PRESENT FOR YOU OP

HERE YOU GO

12 AM SOUND CLIPS OF AS METAL AS I CAN MAKE THE DR. SCIENTIST

1ST CLIP: My Ibanez RG560 tuned to the METALEST OF TUNINGS. A Standard and me playing as wanky as I can possibly play. lotsa taps yo

2ND CLIP: EVERY METALLICA RIFF I KNOW. LUL ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE i PLAYED THESE

I even dialed it in with TOO MUCH gain, just to show you how much gain it actually has. But LISTEN YOU CAN STILL HEaR THE NOTES!

Your demo, these clips, and Burg's demo put me over the top. Ordering.

• Members

Your demo, these clips, and Burg's demo put me over the top. Ordering.

Wise purchase, "flubby or tinny" won't be the case with the Elements. That thing sounds incredible, just thick, punishing, high gainz that stays tight as {censored}. One of the very few dirt pedals that sounds as brutal as a nice high gain amp, imo. 9-18V operation lets you tailor it to your setup as well.

And then there's the other settings, all of which sound flippin' great: pure clean boost, low gain grit, thick crunch, etc, etc, etc. Everything can be EQ'd, mix controlled by expression, cleans up well. Only other distortion I used is the {censored} OD, mainly to blast the {censored} out of various fuzz pedals. The Elements covers the rest, I could honestly see using more than one on a board and having zero overlap.

• Members

Wise purchase, "flubby or tinny" won't be the case with the Elements. That thing sounds incredible, just thick, punishing, high gainz that stays tight as {censored}. One of the very few dirt pedals that sounds as brutal as a nice high gain amp, imo. 9-18V operation lets you tailor it to your setup as well.

And then there's the other settings, all of which sound flippin' great: pure clean boost, low gain grit, thick crunch, etc, etc, etc. Everything can be EQ'd, mix controlled by expression, cleans up well. Only other distortion I used is the {censored} OD, mainly to blast the {censored} out of various fuzz pedals. The Elements covers the rest, I could honestly see using more than one on a board and having zero overlap.

{censored}. Yes. This is what I wanted to hear! I have a Wampler Super Plex in the mail as well, so I'm going to do a shootout and see which I like better. May keep the Wampler for Marshall grind and The Elements for the br00tz.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Wise purchase, "flubby or tinny" won't be the case with the Elements. That thing sounds incredible, just thick, punishing, high gainz that stays tight as fuck. One of the very few dirt pedals that sounds as brutal as a nice high gain amp, imo. 9-18V operation lets you tailor it to your setup as well.

And then there's the other settings, all of which sound flippin' great: pure clean boost, low gain grit, thick crunch, etc, etc, etc. Everything can be EQ'd, mix controlled by expression, cleans up well. Only other distortion I used is the Fuck OD, mainly to blast the shit out of various fuzz pedals. The Elements covers the rest, I could honestly see using more than one on a board and having zero overlap.

I know I'm kind of necroing an old thread that I made, but I ended up with an Elements a while ago (about a month now). Here to say that it is indeed "the shit". Now, I have never played through any other big heavy metal tube amp to compare to ( have played through my other guitar player's Line 6 half stack which does the br00tz pretty well imo) but it sounds good to me, and is diverse as fuck. No regrets at all, I can't imagine a better pedal for what I was looking for.

2i8hi4o.jpg

Archived