If you wanna hear some super rough practice room recordings of my new band.

Loobs

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like it a lot, actually. Sort of like a deefhoof meets franz ferdinand guitar sound in a way. I actually wouldn't complicate it too much. Maybe a delay and a fuzz.

Let me know if you guys want to try out some pedals. I tend to cut good bands a good deal :)

• Members

I've been listening man, sounds pretty killer. I've missed hearing your music and witticisms. Screw my body and the stupid disease that seems to want me to die, I'm back to HCFX, hopefully for good this time.

Hey dude. Good to see you here. I'm glad you enjoy it.

V, glad you dig it. A delay & fuzz is all I was gonna add. What (fuzz) pedals are in your range?

• Members

Definitely, man, I always enjoy what you post. I've got a bunch of stuff on my computer of yours from over the last couple years. I look forward to hearing the vocals, what kind of style are you hoping for for them?

• Members

also... I kinda think the demo quality matches the music in a lot of ways, I really love the raw guitar sound. (don't make them too 'nice' when you record for real) .. I always thought the Timmy was great for this kind of music and you've proved my thoughts to be right.

• Members

V, glad you dig it. A delay & fuzz is all I was gonna add. What (fuzz) pedals are in your range?

I make one that would probably be good for this type of music called the Kung Fuzz. It's a mosfet fuzz based partly on a fuzzrite. Basically it has 12 different preset sounds via three switches and then a volume knob. Ranges from grungey/garagey to kinda halfway clean to distortion sounds, etc. There's also a younger brother to it that's a one knob fuzz. It's basically one setting of the Kung Fuzz.

There's also the Silver Apple, which is an oscillating fuzz or just a pretty normal-sounding fuzz if you have the voltage all the way up. It also has a momentary switch for oscillation as an option, so you can tune it to a note and then it will only oscillate while your foot is on the switch.

Beyond that there's the Pixel Fix which is a synthy/chiptune oriented fuzz which is very gated but also can get into some kind of industrial type sounds. It's also awesome (probably better) on bass.

Then there's one that's a green LED distortion called the Green Man. Basically that one is designed to get more saturated and soggy as you turn up the attack knob (on the highest settings you get kind of a compressor type attack that drops the signal momentarily if you hit a really powerful chord, sort of simulating a sagging amp.

I also do an octave effect called the Frog, but it's not necessarily a fuzz per se. More of a cleanish/overdrive boost octave up. Very smooth and bell-like on the lower settings with kind of a sitar sound on the bridge pickup. Scrambley and hendrixy on the higher gain ones.

There's demos of all but the Kung Fuzz in my sig. Haven't gotten around to recording that one, yet.

• Members

also... I kinda think the demo quality matches the music in a lot of ways, I really love the raw guitar sound. (don't make them too 'nice' when you record for real) .. I always thought the Timmy was great for this kind of music and you've proved my thoughts to be right.

Yeah, but it'd be nice if you could hear each instrument properly. We want it to sound kinda abrasive for sure. The Timmy is great for this kinda thing.

• Members

I make one that would probably be good for this type of music called the Kung Fuzz. It's a mosfet fuzz based partly on a fuzzrite. Basically it has 12 different preset sounds via three switches and then a volume knob. Ranges from grungey/garagey to kinda halfway clean to distortion sounds, etc. There's also a younger brother to it that's a one knob fuzz. It's basically one setting of the Kung Fuzz.

There's also the Silver Apple, which is an oscillating fuzz or just a pretty normal-sounding fuzz if you have the voltage all the way up. It also has a momentary switch for oscillation as an option, so you can tune it to a note and then it will only oscillate while your foot is on the switch.

Beyond that there's the Pixel Fix which is a synthy/chiptune oriented fuzz which is very gated but also can get into some kind of industrial type sounds. It's also awesome (probably better) on bass.

Then there's one that's a green LED distortion called the Green Man. Basically that one is designed to get more saturated and soggy as you turn up the attack knob (on the highest settings you get kind of a compressor type attack that drops the signal momentarily if you hit a really powerful chord, sort of simulating a sagging amp.

I also do an octave effect called the Frog, but it's not necessarily a fuzz per se. More of a cleanish/overdrive boost octave up. Very smooth and bell-like on the lower settings with kind of a sitar sound on the bridge pickup. Scrambley and hendrixy on the higher gain ones.

There's demos of all but the Kung Fuzz in my sig. Haven't gotten around to recording that one, yet.

Sounds cool dude. I'm not in the market for a fuzz right now but I'll definitely bare it in mind. I dig how you named the Silver Apple after the band, they're killer.

• Members

Sounds cool dude. I'm not in the market for a fuzz right now but I'll definitely bare it in mind. I dig how you named the Silver Apple after the band, they're killer.

ha ha yeah most people are like...Steve Jobs will zombie sue you!

But yeah the full name is Silver Apple Oscillation Fuzz after their song.

• Members

Downloading is a pain in the ass. Use soundcloud or some other streaming site next time.

no, downloading is great, when they get big I'm going to release a vinyl bootleg of early demos. :)

pain in the ass seriously? it took me all of 20 seconds and was even simple for a computer idiot like me.

• Members

yup, love it again.... Hot Snakes, Night Marchers, etc.

as long as the vocals aren't too 'shouty/screamy' then I'll be well into this.

I got to listen to 2 of the tracks today while working. I agree with mElx's statement. If the vocals are strong but don't sacrifice melody this stuff will be really cool.

Archived