List Every Key/Synth You've Ever Owned...

AJP

CasioTone CT-101

Sequential Circuits Pro One

Sequential Circuits Prophet V

Ensoniq ESQ-1

Roland Juno 106

Yamaha DX27

Yamaha TG33

Alesis Nanosynth

Kurzweil SP88

Roland D10

Hammond C3

Roland U110

Roland U220

Roland JX-3P

Novation Nova

Roland JX-8P

Emu Proteus (x2)

Roland MKS100

Emu ESI-32

Korg MS20

Kurzweil SP2X

Yamaha TX7

Yamaha QX21

Roland R8M

Korg DDM110

Roland TR505

Roland TR707

I know I'm forgetting a bunch of stuff, so I reserve the right to edit and add to this post later... :o:)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Fender Rhodes Stage 73

ARP Omni 2

ARP Odyssey MK III

ARP Quadra

Oberheim OB-1

Yamaha CP-70B

Moog Rogue

Yamaha DX-100

Korg Poly 800

Yamaha SY22

Emu Proformance Piano Module

Yamaha TG100

Roland JV1080

Yamaha MU80

Yamaha MU100R

Yamaha QS300

Yamaha Motif 6

Novation K-Station

Access Virus Indigo

Access Virus TI Polar

Korg Micro X

Waldorf Micro Q

Roland Fantom XR

Roland XV-5050

Yamaha Motif Rack

Moog Little Phatty Tribute Edition

MiniKorg 700S

Yamaha CP300 Stage Piano

Korg M3 61

Yamaha MOX6

Roland Jupiter 50

Yamaha MOXF8

Bold = synths I still have....

• Members

Farfisa MiniCompact organ

Farfisa VIP 233

Hammond B3 (Leslie 122/900/825)

Hohner String Ensemble

Hohner Pianet T

Minimoog

ARP String Ensemble

Fender Rhodes 73

Korg CX3

Korg Polysix *

Roland SH-101

Yamaha DX7

Korg SQD-1 (do sequencers count?)

Roland MC500

Roland SK88 Pro

Emu Emax

Roland D50

Kawai GMega

Kurzweil K1000

Kurzweil PC88mx

Kuzweil PC2

Ensoniq Mirage *

Roland SC88

Roland VK-8m *

Novation X-Station 49

Roland EM-2000

Hammond XK-3c

Hammond SK2

Yamaha CP300

Kawai ES4

Yamaha Tyros 3

Yamaha 9000 Pro *

Yamaha Motif ES8

Yamaha Motif XS6

Access Virus TI Polar

Korg SV-1

Roland Lucina

Korg Microarranger

Oxygen 8

* owned more than one.

Bold - currently owned

Also some keyboard-specific amplifiers:

Sunn Concert Keyboard Amp

Peavey Keyboard Mixer KM-1

Marshall Keyboard Amp

Motion Sound KP-100/200/500

• Members

Five decades of playing (bold = still own):

Vox Continental Organ

Hammond L102

Fender Rhodes Suitcase 73

Univox Compac Piano

Moog Modular Model 12

Hohner Clavinet Model D

Fender Rhodes Stage 73

Korg DW8000

Korg P8 Piano Module

Roland RD300S

Roland U220 rack module

Kawai XD5 rack module

Peavey Spectrum Organ rack module

Kawai K5000S

Yamaha DJX

Yamaha S08

Yamaha Motif XF6

Casio PX3

Korg Radias rack module

Casio WK7600

Roland FA08

Looks like time to clean out some excess.

- Jimbo

• Members

Most of what I ever owned I still own.. But starting way back in the 1970's the first synth I bought was a Korg Micro Preset. followed by a Crummar Performer string synth. Much overlooked, but it had a great string synth section even if the brass is rubbish. I used it through a few effects pedals and got loads of extra sounds out of it. and it was polyphonic. The next synth I bought was a Minimoog. which was awesome. the only problem being that it went wrong a couple of times and was expensive to fix so unfortunately I got rid of it. in light of the resurgence I wish i still had it. The next instrument that followed was a GEM Equinox. a very competent keyboard with arpeggiator and piano section. and one of the very few digital synths that you could programme. I bought a Microkorg in 2000 or there about which is also a brilliantly versatile instrument. I yearned after a Nord stage ex but at the time could not afford it so went for a Nord stage 73 compact which served a purpose for a while but I still wanted the full 88 keys and had the chance to get an EX88 soon after. this was by far one of the best piano/synths I ever bought and I loved it from the moment i got it. then I had a chance to get a roland JP8000 which served as my main synth for a long time. I was offered a chance to buy an Alesis A6 Andromeda which i too up as it had been freshly serviced by an engineer in Glasgow. Scotland. it came in a flight case otherwise I wouldn't have bought it as it cost me an arm and a leg. its devilishly difficult to work out and although i still have it. its the next one in line I may consider selling to fund a move to the USA soon. The next choice I had was a new Nord stage 2 which took over the duties of my EX to a degree but i tend to use the EX as the main piano instrument and the stage 2 for everything else. the last in the line up was a Nord Lead 2 which as by this time and old instrument as the Lead 4 was out. but i preferred the simpleness of the lead 2. the last instrument i own which is only a synth in part is a Roland TD20X which is my electronic drum set. I mention this set as it has a lot of preset programmed sounds in it and also some synth instruments so when i trigger them off it plays and accompaniment to my drumming. the plus side is the neighbours don't get to hear a thing no matter what I'm trying to record. any of them can be used on stage. the keyboards usually mounted on 2 Koenig and Meyer Spiders which can hold 2 each and one of them has the tablet holder attached. plus a larger A frame in aluminium finish which is very very stable no matter what. and i have be known to have a balance issue so being able to grab hold of the A frame is a bonus. this also holds 2. together with the legs expecialy for the EX and one X framed keyboard stand i could have up to 8 on stage at any time. whether i would ever use all of them is open to question though. the only one mentioned i no longer own is the Minimoog.

• Members

hammond M3

hammond B3

hammond A

hammond B3000

Rhodes MK1

Rhodes Mk2 suitecase 73

Mini moog Model D -- 2

univox stringman

Farfisa combo compac

Ensonic EPS 16+

ensonic TS12

Emu vintage key

emu planet phatt

korg M1

korg TR rack

korg triton pro

kork triton rack

korg M3

yamaha CP4

m audio oxygen 88

yamaha GB1 K grand

steinway upright

moog mother 32

roland JP 8000

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So many gear to list i used to own more than 65 synths, samplers, drum machines, fx eg that took me more than 2 years to sell i have regretted for many of them

my current list is really very short compared to the old days

Korg M1 X 2

Korg DW 8000

Korg TR RACK

Yamaha TG 55 tone generator

Yamaha SY 77 Synth

Yamaha Rev 100 fx

Roland FANTOM XR + SYMPHONIC STRINGS EXP

YAMAHA MG 16

EVENT 5 MONITORS

EMU ESI 32 SAMPLER + OPTICAL DISK

ROLAND RA 90 - really want to sell/trade this one if anybody wants it.

DESTOP PC with EMU 0404 PCi audio card/2GB/500GB HD

• Members

Casio VL-tone

Casio SK-1

Casio MT-40

Yamaha CS-01

Yamaha PSR-300 (I think)

Wurlitzer 7300 compact combo organ

Wurlitzer 140 electric piano

Korg CX-3 organ

Roland JX-305

- and -

Roland Sound Canvas sound card (not supported in Windows since WinXP :(2 )

Moog Satellite (a loaner, but played it on a garage record)

I still own all of these except the Moog Satellite and the Casio SK-1 sampler. I'm a multi-instrumentalist, and not really trained on keyboard. I was in a couple of bands in the early 90s where I played both ORGAN and guitar. Both bands were sort of 60s styled garage psychedelic. I wanted a Farfisa, but had to settle for the Wurlitzer, which actually worked out fine in that context. When I found a beat-to-heck Korg CX-3 for less than a hundred bucks, I jumped on it and it also worked out great, especially for my second band which had a more hard rock/prog flavor of garage going.

Years later, I bought the Roland JX-305 'Groovesynth' to collaborate on a techno music project, we recorded a few rough demos and then it went down the tubes. About five years ago, I played bass in a country band, and for the last 3 years I've been playing in a punk-styled loud rock combo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I'll see how well my memory works, we have to go back a long time!

It all started at the tender age of 11.

Dad brought home a 1937 Weber upright piano and forced me to take classical lessons. I tried to quit after 3 months because it sucked. What kid wants to practice scales all day? I had a nasty old Russian piano teacher that would smack my hand with a ruler if I made a mistake.

Lucky for me pops threated to beat me if I quit so I stuck with it.

First attempt at sound design was when I was 12 years old, I placed tacks inside the back of all the hammers so when the tack struck the string it sounded like a harpsichord.

Fender Rhodes when I was 12

13 got a Roland SH-5 from a pawn shop for $400

then the madness started:

Yamaha SK-30

Yamaha CS-60

Korg EPS-1 (my first piano and string machine, was way cool back then.

Ensoniq ESQ-1, loved this thing

Oberheim OBX-a (was such a dumbass for selling it, had MIDI too)

Roland D-50

Roland JX-3PM

Ensoniq Mirage

Roland JX-8P and the programmer thingy that went with it, something 1000

Korg Poly 800

Korg 01W-FD

Korg RK-100

Krg M1-----I cant believe I thought this was badass back then

Yamaha DX-7

Yamaha DX-9

Yamaha DX-21

Dave Smith Poly Evolver

Moog Little Phatty stage 1

Roland Jupiter 80 --> Hated the interface and sold it not long after I got it.

-------------

Current Rig:

Korg Oasys 88

Kurzweil PC3x

Moog Voyager

Moog Little Phatty Stage 2

Korg Radias

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, my mom always had a baby grand in the living room when I was growing up (still does), but I can't really say I owned it even when I lived there. So:

Casio PT-20

Yamaha DX-27S

Yamaha SY22 (technically my brother's, but...)

Alesis QS7

Roland Juno Stage

Casio CTK-7200

Roland Juno Di (as a practice keyboard since the patches are nearly identical to the Stage)

I still use the Stage when I play in my band, but I'm getting tired of its limitations, so I'm looking for something new. Gonna start a thread about that, actually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

1.1920's era upright piano (formerly a player piano) 2.Teisco portable organ (44 keys, horribly unreliable) 3.Farfisa Combo Compact Deluxe 4. Wurlitzer elec. piano 5.Hammond Model A 6. Hammond B3 7. ARP Soloist 8.GeneralMusicS2 9. GeneralMusicS3 10.GeneralMusic Equinox 61

11. GeneralMusic Equinox 76 12. GeneralMusic 61 (again) 13. Hammond B3 (again) 14. Kurzweil PC3 15. Kurzweil PC361 16. Kurzweil PC3 (again) 17. Kurzweil PC361 (again) 18. Casio PX-5s 19. Yamaha DGX 205 Yamaha NP-V60. 20. Yamaha DGX 535 21. Kurzweil PC3 (again) 22. Roland VR-09 23.Roland JV-30 24. Kurzweil Artis SE 25.Kurzweil Artis 7 26.Kurzweil PC3a6 27. Nord Electro 5D (NOTE: this is probably HALF the list of boards that came--and went--through my home. I've played professionally for 40+ years and these are all I can remember--Now!

• Members

I did. I was always in search of the elusive Hammond B3 (and especially Leslie) in a digital, portable board (in fact I forgot to list around 4 or 5 Hammond SK and XK series boards I bought--and sold!), and during the past 6+ years, I've strayed from the PC3's, tried something else in search of improving myself, and have continued coming back to the Kurz. Most everything else was lighter and easier to gig with, and some (including the Hammonds) had a much better Hammond and Leslie effect than I could ever get out of the PC3's, but there was a trade off in the other sounds. I am currently at a decision point again, having purchased a new Kurzweil PC3a6 a week or so ago that's revealed to have issues, so I have already returned it to the retailer, and have been offered a great deal on either a replacement or a Nord Electro 5 (for $250 more). I have researched the HECK out of that Nord online (there's no retailer near me to try one out), and am 60% leaning toward doing that deal. I did purchase a Neo Vent over the weekend, which sort of muddles my decision further, since that will improve either board's organs. I think, following all of my investigations, the Nord has a better raw Hammond sound through their drawbars, but again I am not certain.

Archived