OT?: Teenage Engineering OP-1

thezeng

• Members

Hey guys, I recently got a Teenage Engineering OP-1 second hand. I reckon all of you should check one out as it is a lot more useful then it may appear on first glance. Certainly not a toy IMO. The price is a little prohibitive though, but i really think its worth it.

I've never had a synth before so I don't have anything to compare its sound with, but in my opinion they sound great anyway.

There's a million and one things you can do on this machine that I can't go into detail with, but here's a little track I made with a vocal sample of myself (:facepalm:) and onboard synths, the sequencer and sampler. Apologies if it sounds stupid to you because it probably is :lol:

http://snd.sc/sgiJgg

1y27gz.jpg

mw8aok.jpg

• Members

congrats!

if you've never tried a real synth, it's not really like one at all, apart from having an ADSR (the envelope). you don't really control oscillators and filters and that sort of traditional stuff. it's its own thing. it's kind of like a really souped up casio keyboard.

• Members

They're really cool and I'd love one, but the keybed looks horrible.

yeah it's not weighted or anything. but to their defense, you don't really have a choice when you want to keep things that small. they do "sink" a little more than they look like they would, though. a little more than the laptop keyboard I have.

• 2 weeks later...