Mixing

jorhay1

:whisper: (whisper) It's Henson's.

Which room are you in? E's the mix suite. Studio C is much smaller, has a Euphonix in it, and it is on long-term lockout, which leaves A (too big to use just for mixing IMHO), B (the Crystal room - great drum tracking room - one of the best in LA IMHO), and D, which like B, is also really more of a tracking room.

You can mix in any of them really, but E (the mix suite) is really the room that's designed as a mixdown suite; where you're not paying for stuff (like a huge tracking room) that you're no longer using.

• Members

:whisper:
(whisper) It's Henson's.

Which room are you in? E's the mix suite. Studio C is much smaller, has a Euphonix in it, and it is on long-term lockout, which leaves A (too big to use just for mixing IMHO), B (the Crystal room - great drum tracking room - one of the best in LA IMHO), and D, which like B, is also really more of a tracking room.

You can mix in any of them really, but E (the mix suite) is really the room that's designed as a mixdown suite; where you're not paying for stuff (like a huge tracking room) that you're no longer using.

So,

Jim%2BHenson%2527s%2B75th%2BBirthday%2Bb

Not:

dirt+bike+dave-albums-hanson-picture3691

Man I am so bummed!

• Members

:whisper:
(whisper) It's Henson's.

Pretty sure it's E.

It has no tracking room.

The assistant says there is no letter and it's just called "The Mix Room".

I'll talk to the veteran tech Gary, who was here in the A&M days and see if thats the case.

Yeah it's a nice room! The big monitors are useful for both blasting and mixing, which is rare imo.

• Members

I'm jealous. That looks like so much fun.

What does he use the POG for? More for the octaves? or the preamp sound? or the LPF?

I think its interesting that he uses a big box POG in mixing, cos its a little noisy...but wtf do i know. i'm not a professional. and i always like learning new tricks.

• Members

I'm jealous. That looks like so much fun.

What does he use the POG for? More for the octaves? or the preamp sound? or the LPF?

I think its interesting that he uses a big box POG in mixing, cos its a little noisy...but wtf do i know. i'm not a professional. and i always like learning new tricks.

He has it on a bus.

On top of an ancient Eventide 910 Harmonizer.

So basically he uses it like a harmonizer, but also to add a little mojo.

Mainly Direct, about 50% sub and -1, and a touch of detuned +1, (but that may change?)

Photoon2011-12-07at1208.jpg

He, so far, has used it on guitars, both acc and elect.

He's going in from the console to the unit via a reamp, to change the level from +4 to Hi Z Instrument level,

This might help with the noise, but I get the feeling that noise is cool if adds magic.

It's all about the magic.

Pretty sure it's E.

It has no tracking room.

The assistant says there is no letter and it's just called "The Mix Room".

I'll talk to the veteran tech Gary, who was here in the A&M days and see if thats the case.

Yeah it's a nice room! The big monitors are useful for both blasting and mixing, which is rare imo.

People refer to it as E on occasion, but I do believe the official name is the Mix Suite, or the Mix Room. It's near the rear of the building - after you go into the lobby and get buzzed into the back, it's all the way down the hall, past B and A (on the right side of the hall) and C (on the left hand side). It doesn't have a "tracking room" per se, but it does have a decent sized iso booth (on your left hand side when you first walk into the Mix Suite) that can be used for the occasional / last minute overdub. Last time I was in there, the board was an SSL 6072 E/G - a good board IMO.

I'm not all that wild about the mains in most rooms, and tend to take along my own ADAM monitors when I'm using an outside studio. While the room acoustics may be different, at least that's one less variable to worry about when you use your own speakers that you're familiar with.

So... what's the project? :)

• Members

People refer to it as E on occasion, but I do believe the official name is the Mix Suite, or the Mix Room. It's near the rear of the building - after you go into the lobby and get buzzed into the back, it's all the way down the hall, past B and A (on the right side of the hall) and C (on the left hand side). It doesn't have a "tracking room" per se, but it does have a decent sized iso booth (on your left hand side when you first walk into the Mix Suite) that can be used for the occasional / last minute overdub. Last time I was in there, the board was an SSL 6072 E/G - a good board IMO.

I'm not all that wild about the mains in most rooms, and tend to take along my own ADAM monitors when I'm using an outside studio. While the room acoustics may be different, at least that's one less variable to worry about when you use your own speakers that you're familiar with.

So... what's the project?
:)

Yep! That be the room.

Nick said the same thing. It's always been officially called 'The Mix Room" but everyone referred to it as 'The E Room" since every other room had a letter.

I love Adams. Wish I could afford them.

Project is;

3760821503_baed61a6cb.jpg

"The Professor"

• Members

That's very cool. Are you playing on it, co-mixing, or... ?
:)

Roy I have worked on it in between bruce tours since 2007.

Roy's solo project, an eclectic instrumental album, basically Roy played everything, I played a few things as did Nils.

I engineered, programmed, tracked, etc

He originally gave the tracks completely raw to Clearmountain and was not involved.

He decided to just bring his mac in with me and start from his rough mixes with the 3 of us involved in the mix.

He seems happy.

There will be a site at some point, I'll shoot you a link.

Archived