Pretty Wife Needs Their Own Thread

christianatl

• Members

Super {censored}ing duper tunes, just top notch in every way!

I will go on record saying I prefer "young grandma" as far as usernames go, one of my faves around these parts. That's all I got to complain about and it's beyond trivial. Further, Pretty Wife is such a great band name it supersedes my one and only complaint. thumb.gif

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I listened to the entire SoundCloud collection, and while I prefer jazz/classical music, this is really solid stuff. It is really tight, melodic and engaging.

Is there some reason Phil didn't come through for you? Did you blow a deadline? Send him a crappy tape? Did Phil just blow smoke your way? Does Phil need an accountability check?

Questions need to be answered.

I would very much like to work with this band, and I am still quite interested in doing so.

The main issue is one of logistics and locations. Camarillo / Ventura is a considerable distance away from here - too far to drive it, do a session, then drive back home - you'll be on the road for 3-4 hours each day. Not conducive to relaxed, happy, creative musicians / performances...

I am currently thinking about putting together some sort of mobile rig. I mean, why not? Pro Tools runs with practically any interface these days, and I've got a pretty kick butt laptop (MBP with quad core i7 / 16GB RAM), and a decent interface / preamp rig could fix in a few rack spaces of a mobile rack. A couple of powered monitors, a snake, some mics, cables and stands, maybe some headphones and a headphone amp for the band - take the mountain to Mohammad, so to speak. I could crash at my sister's or aunt's house up there for a week or two, or whatever it took for us to track it, then bring it back here for the post-production / mixing.

• Members

I would very much like to work with this band, and I am still quite interested in doing so.

The main issue is one of logistics and locations. Camarillo / Ventura is a considerable distance away from here - too far to drive it, do a session, then drive back home - you'll be on the road for 3-4 hours each day. Not conducive to relaxed, happy, creative musicians / performances...

I am currently thinking about putting together some sort of mobile rig. I mean, why not? Pro Tools runs with practically any interface these days, and I've got a pretty kick butt laptop (MBP with quad core i7 / 16GB RAM), and a decent interface / preamp rig could fix in a few rack spaces of a mobile rack. A couple of powered monitors, a snake, some mics, cables and stands, maybe some headphones and a headphone amp for the band - take the mountain to Mohammad, so to speak. I could crash at my sister's or aunt's house up there for a week or two, or whatever it took for us to track it, then bring it back here for the post-production / mixing.

Phil you are a good egg, and I have stated it before, Pretty Wife is a fantastic band....I really dig the song writing and playing, and the vocals are really good!

• Members

I am currently thinking about putting together some sort of mobile rig. I mean, why not? Pro Tools runs with practically any interface these days, and I've got a pretty kick butt laptop (MBP with quad core i7 / 165GB RAM), and a decent interface / preamp rig could fix in a few rack spaces of a mobile rack. A couple of powered monitors, a snake, some mics, cables and stands, maybe some headphones and a headphone amp for the band - take the mountain to Mohammad, so to speak. I could crash at my sister's or aunt's house up there for a week or two, or whatever it took for us to track it, then bring it back here for the post-production / mixing.

Well that's really awesome, much like the band. I'm sensing a trend here.

• Members

I am currently thinking about putting together some sort of mobile rig. I mean, why not? Pro Tools runs with practically any interface these days, and I've got a pretty kick butt laptop (MBP with quad core i7 / 165GB RAM), and a decent interface / preamp rig could fix in a few rack spaces of a mobile rack. A couple of powered monitors, a snake, some mics, cables and stands, maybe some headphones and a headphone amp for the band - take the mountain to Mohammad, so to speak. I could crash at my sister's or aunt's house up there for a week or two, or whatever it took for us to track it, then bring it back here for the post-production / mixing.

you're awesome. so should we just go ahead and get the kickstarter going? :poke:

we'd be completely willing to come to you, maybe just to do one song to make sure we're tolerable.

you're awesome. so should we just go ahead and get the kickstarter going? :poke:

:lol:

we'd be completely willing to come to you, maybe just to do one song to make sure we're tolerable.

I'm sure you're tolerable. :lol:

Maybe we should all get together (or do a conference call) for lunch or something. I'll see if I can get up to Camarillo soon and maybe we can get together. Maybe I could come to a band rehearsal and check it out?

wat

I think he was referring to my Mountain to Mohammed metaphor. It's an old expression, and I believe the original has been "reversed" over the years. The original is, IIRC (and no offense intended to anyone if I get it wrong) from the Prophet Muhammad, who was teaching, and to illustrate a point, he commanded a mountain to come to him. It didn't, and he explained that the reason it didn't was due to God's mercy, for if the mountain had come to him, he, and all those around him would have been crushed. So he declared that, instead, he was going to the mountain to give thanks.

• Members

I'm sure you're tolerable.

Maybe we should all get together (or do a conference call) for lunch or something. I'll see if I can get up to Camarillo soon and maybe we can get together. Maybe I could come to a band rehearsal and check it out?

Definitely! Let me know when you can head up here.....or like I said we can drive to you on a weekend and play what we have.

:love:

Archived