NAMM 2012: new pedals ;-)

DiscoFreq

I heard a rumour a while back that Akai were going to release a new Headrush. Could be interesting.

I expressed the "forum's wishes" to see a new one released directly to them at NAMM last year. I was not particularly encouraged by their response; they didn't seem to act or even suggest that such a piece was even remotely in the cards. IIRC, they cited parts no longer in production as a reason for their inability to do a recreation of the old one. Maybe there is a new version in the works - if so, I have not heard anything about it. :idk:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I expressed the "forum's wishes" to see a new one released directly to them at NAMM last year. I was not particularly encouraged by their response; they didn't seem to act or even suggest that such a piece was even remotely in the cards. IIRC, they cited parts no longer in production as a reason for their inability to do a recreation of the old one. Maybe there is a new version in the works - if so, I have not heard anything about it.
:idk:

Plus with their last line (cheap OEM pedals made by Biyang) I wonder if Akai still wants to invest in new pedal development, since the sampler market collapsed they seem to be struggling to survive...

• Members

Plus with their last line (cheap OEM pedals made by Biyang) I wonder if Akai still wants to invest in new pedal development, since the sampler market collapsed they seem to be struggling to survive...

If they made an E3 or a looper with the features and ease the E2 has but with more, at a reasonable price point, I think lots of people would buy it.

• Members

mostly guessing it's going to be US made

if not then it's Japan

if not, (I hope) it will be Mexico

Ah I forgot about Mexico, the Kurt Cobain Signature Jaguar was made there so the Marr could be too, it would be nice to actually be able afford it :thu:

• Members
I expressed the "forum's wishes" to see a new one released directly to them at NAMM last year. I was not particularly encouraged by their response; they didn't seem to act or even suggest that such a piece was even remotely in the cards. IIRC, they cited parts no longer in production as a reason for their inability to do a recreation of the old one. Maybe there is a new version in the works - if so, I have not heard anything about it.
:idk:

Didn't they say the same thing about the Deep Impact? With that pedal now routinely selling for $1000+ it blows my mind that they have no interest in doing a reissue.

• Members

Ah I forgot about Mexico, the Kurt Cobain Signature Jaguar was made there so the Marr could be too, it would be nice to actually be able afford it
:thu:

Wow, really? I figured it was USA since it goes for $1,300. Seems like most of their Mexico guitars top out around $800-$900.

The Marr version is definitely something I'll have to check out though.

• Members

Can't wait to see the Marr Jaguar.

I think they're doing fine, they just shifted gears after being acquired by Numark. Concentrating on MIDI controllers and such.

Archived