Belcat amps -

theboywho

• Members

IMG_20120114_173904.jpg

First impressions are very good. I can't put it too loud at home, but it is very nice and clean up to a high enough volume, in face the gain doesn't really push it into overdrive, but I've got pedals for that.

Reverb is good, not amazing, but usable, it's a short tank, unfortunatly doesn't look like there's enough room to fit a long one, but may try replacing it with a accutronics, I've got a few lying around.

• Members

The boost on it doesn't seem very useful, but then again it could just be the volume I'm playing at isn't enough.

Overall sounds great though, better than I had expected. I stupidly left all my pedals and cables in the studio but I've got a practice tomorrow when I can run my keyboard through it and try it proper loud too.

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to dig around in it and get some photos of the insides, but I'll try that later in the week along with changing the reverb tank.

Phil, the power transformer is marked 100 or 240, so somewhere over there must sell them.

• Members

yeah.

i mean you could consider one of those impedance matching thingies, but that's going to cost half what the amp did! if you're able to work on it yourself another transformer is probably the thing (or if you're really lucky maybe the stock one has 4 and 16 ohm taps which just aren't connected up).

i'm guessing it's not a completely straight 100% clone as a bassman doesn't have a preamp gain control or footswitchable boost... but it could still be reasonably closely based on one.

if you do get a look at it, i'd be interested to know what it turns out to be a clone of (or inspired by)... that's if it's a clone of or inspired by anything. :)

regarding the warranty- normally extended warranties are rips, but i suppose going from 1 to 5 years for

Archived