Websites that identify synth sounds in songs?

Guitarsoul34

• Members

Wow, thank you I love the Internet. "Take Me";  I think you are spot-on with the Solina String Ensemble.  What a unique synth, analog, it's very raw and surprise surprise it's available as a virtual instrument (Arturia & Gforce brands). Oberheim DMX drum is quite impressive for 1980. Does sound to be correct I recognize the 1/4 clicks (I don't know correct terminology still learning). Although BOSS drum might have be used in "Take Me" as well/instead?

Edited by danwat1234

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Madonna - Open Your Heart? Here are the synth multi-tracks of the extended version of the song. Can you identify the synths and instruments used? It's a trip!

Combined

Duplicate?

In 2 post due to upload restrictions.

Bass                                                                 Bell                                                                          Brass (Ghostbusters-ish)

Edited by danwat1234
labelling

• Members

2/2

Pad                                                                          Plucky                                                              Keys

2nd line: Madonna - Borderline song 2 synths instruments. Any help appreciated

Edited by danwat1234
Added 2 main synth instruments in Borderline song

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

Not a very well known song, "Wrong Galaxy" by Sh*t Robot came out when I was in college. Now I'm back into making electronic compositions. I have a working knowledge of common synths and techniques, but am lacking a real wide breadth to tackle these 2 instruments in this song. 

1) the main lead synth throughout most of the song - its consistently a single note being played at a time. Certainly based from a complex waveform, that is at its barest at the beginning of the song, which then gets progressively modulated and processed throughout. In this bare form, its fairly saturated and sounds like its going though an LPF. I do at times hear a bit of bounce in the tone.

2) the slightly dissonant chord starting at 02:14 - I believe the longest (sustained) of these  is an F chord containing F4 and F6, but haven't tried to figure out any of the other notes. They sound like some sort of strings, either a very simple electric guitar or bright electric piano. I also a feel a bit of frequency modulation, but might also be delay effects confusing me.

Any thoughts on these are very appreciated!

Edited by imcomputer