Pedal Looper: BOSS RC-3 VS Digitech Jamman Solo

pinkvoid

• Members

I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these and desperately looking for good feedback. I searched all over online but no really good comparisons..

Anyway, this is what's important to me

- intuitive/easy to use

- good audio quality (the boss rc-20xl which i have SUCKS)

- good usb/card interface to upload/download tracks and beats

Thats about it really.. i know the jamman is superior to the RC-2 in those respects.. but i see the RC-3 for just as cheap on ebay so i figured i'd ask before buying.

I guess since both the JM and RC3 are about the same in features, user-friendliness and audio quality are probably the most important.

• Members

I had the solo but sold it. Its a cool looper with some cool features - no loop minimum time, and you can also save loops while they are playing. So you can record a loop on the fly, play it, save it while its playing.

The bummer for me was that when you stopped recording it wouldn't go to overdub but to play - this isn't good if you're doing like swells where you want a seamless loop.

The RC-3 however has this feature - you can choose for the pedal to operate; record>play>overdub, or record>overdub>play.

Also the stereo option seems great...

Jamman solo can be found for like $100 even used, whereas I'm guessing the RC-3 would be like $150ish or more.

• Members

I had the solo but sold it. Its a cool looper with some cool features - no loop minimum time, and you can also save loops while they are playing. So you can record a loop on the fly, play it, save it while its playing.

The bummer for me was that when you stopped recording it wouldn't go to overdub but to play - this isn't good if you're doing like swells where you want a seamless loop.

The RC-3 however has this feature - you can choose for the pedal to operate; record>play>overdub, or record>overdub>play.

Also the stereo option seems great...

Jamman solo can be found for like $100 even used, whereas I'm guessing the RC-3 would be like $150ish or more.

Thanks for the feedback.. how is the sound quality and tonality change on bypass? i heard these were real issues on the RC-2. Also, is it easy to communicate with the PC? do i have to physically take the pedal and plug in? do i need special software or does it act like a thumb drive?

Can i record and improvise to it without using my hands? that's probably the most important part..

Cheapest i could find the solo is around 130-140.. and found rc3 for 150-160 so it's about the same in my concern.

• Members

I'd go for the rc3. I have an rc20xl too and agree about its audio quality. Also it has absolutely pathetic headroom. Unless its the first pedal in the chain its constantly clipping. I like the way it works though. There's not a lot to choose bwtween the jamman and rc3 feature wise though so i'm sure you'd be happy with either one.

• Members

I'd go for the rc3. I have an rc20xl too and agree about its audio quality. Also it has absolutely pathetic headroom. Unless its the first pedal in the chain its constantly clipping. I like the way it works though. There's not a lot to choose bwtween the jamman and rc3 feature wise though so i'm sure you'd be happy with either one.

Couldn't wait anymore... pulled the trigger on a new RC-3 for $160 shipped on amazon :thu: i just hope its fun to use and sound quality is good.

MF has the RC-3 cheaper than JMS by 95c! HAHA..

Archived