So whats the deal with these Bugera amps, especially the BC30 or 1960?

Kid_A

• Members

The first Bugera amps had a major issue with Molex connectors overheating and melting. Apparently that has been fixed on newer amps. I have a friend who uses one of the Peavey clones and has had to replace quite a bit on it. Again, this was one of the first amps made by Bugera, and apparently their quality has improved since then.

I dont even need a new amp, just read an interesting article about them... everyone seems to worry about the build quility though.

That's because the manufacturer (Behringer) doesn't have the world's most stellar reputation for product durability / quality. It seems like nearly every piece of gear I've had from them has died on me; usually right after the end of the warranty period. :(

Having said that, I did try one out (a V22) in a local guitar shop for about an hour one day, and was very impressed with the tones I could get with it. I liked the sound of it quite a bit - but based on previous experiences with their products, I'm just not sure I could trust it over the long haul. :( YMMV.

• Members

My mate had a 1960. It sounded {censored}ing amazing. Seriously, totally sweet amp. Looks like cheap crap though.

Anyway, I was all for this amp until it broke. So he sent it back and got a replacement. Then that one broke too. This all happened within about 3 months.

Good amps when they work. But how long will they work for?

• Members

My mate had a 1960. It sounded {censored}ing amazing. Seriously, totally sweet amp. Looks like cheap crap though.

Anyway, I was all for this amp until it broke. So he sent it back and got a replacement. Then that one broke too. This all happened within about 3 months.

That sucks, did they tell him what went wrong?

Ive had both my Bugeras for over a year now and they still sound good and work well.

• Members

Thats a shame, the reviews of the 1960s sound make it sound like my sort of thing... HUGE! I wish to god i never sold my JCM800 in 2003 :(

• Members

I have a 1960 that i really like, do you have a need for a louder, bassier Plexi? If so this is the amp for you.

I also have a v5 that im pretty impressed with.

seriously? have you owned a real plexi? some of their amps seem to sound okay, but the ones i've heard definitely have never sounded as good as the amps they're imitating. and they have quite a reputation for breaking.

Archived